Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter

I really enjoyed Easter this year for a number of reasons. First, I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting and despite the pit in my stomach all morning I really did enjoy having the opportunity to really study and ponder the life of my Savior. Second, having just had a lot of company, we spent the entire afternoon just relaxing and enjoyed some quality time together as a family. Third, I just can't get enough of my boys dressed up in their Sunday best. I know I am biased, but they are so stinking cute to me! We had to be at church by 8:30 for choir practice so our morning was a little rushed. But we still had time for Easter baskets.
I always loved how my mom wrapped our Easter baskets in cellophane. The tradition carries on.

Again, we were pressed for time but I had to take some quick shots of my boys before church.



After church the boys were restless and Matt changed way too fast but he volunteered to take a few quick pics of the boys and I. Not an easy task



We did have to have at least a couple egg hunts in the backyard and spent an hour or so playing games at the park. It was a great day. Oh let's not forget making time to enjoy some Easter treats. Today we had some monster thunderstorms so we decided to make some cookies this afternoon. Crew is now my master cookie maker. They really were the best cookies ever!



8 comments:

Rebecca said...

You look so pretty in your Easter colors and I love how Graham is looking at Crew in that picture of them together. I agree that they are handsome boys!

Lynnette said...

Love the tie/shirt combination on those handsome boys! I'm so glad they worked. And you look fabulous in your Easter finery!

Katherine said...

I was about to type the EXACT thing as my mom, almost word for word, so I'll just "ditto" her comment!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

Can't get enough of those cute boys!!!! Miss u

Elder Romney's mission said...

Ditto to My mom and Katherine! You really are beautiful!

Kendria said...

Cute cute family, Shannon!! How are you guys!!??

Lula. said...

you are so beautiful.

Poelmans said...

ok i miss you guys! we need to see each other more! your boys are getting huge and you look great as always! love you shannon!