Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Finishing up Arkansas

Getting back to our Arkansas trip, once all my cousins were into town we all headed over to Gaston's on the White River for the rest of the weekend. This place is absolutely gorgeous and even though it was 110 degrees outside, we still had a great time all together.
 Friday we went back to the lake with the entire gang. Graham did much better this day
 And Crew was a wild man jumping off the roof of the pontoon and skiing up a storm
 We did have to take a few family photos that night as well.

Saturday we spent the day on the river canoeing


 All my cousins minus two who are serving in the military


 That night we stopped by my grand parents grave. These sweethearts left us quite a legacy and it was wonderful to take a moment to honor them.
 We ended the day with a spectacular fireworks show

 And then it was time for us to begin our trek home. I am so grateful we had the opportunity to go spend that week in that special place. Till we come again.....

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You got some great pictures of your wonderful trip! Of couse I'm a bit partial to the cute little blond guys....

courtney said...

oh wow! that first picture by the river is gorgeous! just thought i'd pop on to see what the great Allen's are up to :) so happy you got to go to Arkansas. i miss visiting my Grandma's home by Zion Nat Park, but it's still one of my favorite places & i want to make a point to go there often with my girls... you made me miss it! love you shannon!