Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Where are all the Tulips?

Last weekend my parents came into town. We were so excited to take them to Thanksgiving Point to the Tulip Festival and had told them how beautiful it was. So Friday morning we arrived at the gardens but because it has been so stinking cold, only 20% of the flowers had bloosomed! It was still a pretty day and fun to roam the gardens but as you can tell, spring still looked a few weeks away. Oh well!

We had to take some pictures by some of the few tulips that had come up.

If you follow the Richter grand children, you know that my nephew Carson just adores my dad. So from the start mom has been working on making sure she was Crew's favorite and all the hard work has paid off. Crew loves my mom and although he still likes grandpa, he is grandma's boy.
Crew is at a fun age right now too because he gets really excited about things. He loved the waterfalls!

I love my little man!
Crew and Grandpa. To any of you who are in Utah or are coming up soon, you really should go see the gardens sometime. This was last year. Amazing huh!

Another pic from last year. Crew is so little! Anyway, we still had a great weekend with my parents and already miss them!

8 comments:

Lula. said...

Great Pictures! We need to see you guys before we leave!

blythe said...

We went last year and I was so excited to go again this year. Too bad the weather has been so stinky! I love all of your new posts. I need to go catch up on them!

Lindsey said...

Freaky Friday! I'm about to repeat your last weekend. Ryan's parents are coming to see us this Friday, and the tulip festival was the whole purpose for the timing of the trip. Why are you all in coats? Cause you're from AZ? You tricked me with those pictures. I saw the one tulip picture cascading down the lawn and thought, "well at least that is beautiful" but then read your caption, and I'm still out of luck. I bet the first weekend of May will be perfect! Thanks for the post so I can prepare myself.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Those flowers are way too pretty! You got some great pictures! I love the battle going on in your family. I know the claws are not out or anything! It is just so great that Carson is totally pro grandpa. Marens next little one has a tough road ahead! =0)

The Adamsons said...

i feel you on the cold weather bit! it's still freezing up here!! the pictures are beautiful though.

Kendria said...

He is really cute Shannon! He is a perfect mix of both of you. That is so sad that the tulips didn't thrive this year... I am so ready for some warm weather too! HURRY up summer!

Kimberlee said...

It seriously is WAY too cold to be spring! Crew is so stinkin' cute and getting SO big.

Landvatter Family said...

Cute pictures. I love your parents. They are the best. Crew is so adorable Shan!