Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Always Fun When Grandma Comes...

We have really been able to have fun with grandmas and grandpas but the grandmas where able to spend a little more one-on-one time and were in all the pictures! So, conference weekend we were so happy to have the Allens come up and see us! We had a great time and the weather was perfect. Friday morning the men went surfing and Crew came with girls to the zoo. It was so fun to have Becky there to enjoy all the animals with us!


Crew loves his grandmas and really loved being able to be the center of all the attention


The giraffs were so friendly! Crew is a big fan of them too.

Unfortunately I only took pictures at the zoo but we had a great Saturday with them too. It was a cool and damp day perfect for conference and a walk to show off our area. We finished off the night with a monster ice cream sunday from the Fair Oaks Pharmacy which I wish we had a picture of! It was literally a half gallon of ice cream with all the works! It took five of us to finish it off and yes, Crew is the fifth person! He loves ice cream. Thanks grandma and grandpa Allen for a fun visit!


Sunday morning, Crew and I caught a flight down to Phoenix to visit my sweet grandpa. He has been at my parents for about the last month and at the age of 86, he quickly approaching the end of his time here on earth. After 5 years without his sweetheart, he is close to going home so my sister and I went home to spend a little time with him while we still could. It was a good trip. I loved being able to see my family and really make the most of my visit with my grandpa. His mind is still so sharp so it was great to hear old stories and let him see my Crew!Of course Crew didn't sleep or eat either day we were there. It is all PLAY!!!! He can't resist tickling the ivory!
Look at that face and all those trucks!
This is the first time my parents have had all their grand children together since Parker was born. I think this picture is hillarious! It was fun.

Crew is in a mimicking stage and all week since our trip he has been copying my dad's classic phrase "oh boy!" then saying "papa" after it.



My parents were planning a trip up here this weekend but with my grandpa's health, only my mom could get away for a day. But we gladly took her! She got in Friday afternoon and we went to the Glendale Americana. It is a fun shopping area with a trolley that Crew loves!

Haha, mom couldn't resist taking this picture!
Saturday morning we drove down to Long Beach to the Aquarium of the Pacific. It was a blast and Long Beach is such a fun area. Crew decided quickly that eels were "scarey" but other than that he was pretty into it.



Matt petting a sting ray


They had an area full of tropical birds and you could give them a drink of this necter and they would just fly over and walk all over you! It was so fun!


This bird and I coordinated our outfits the night before!



Grandma and Crew with their hair blowing in the wind (yes, my son finally has enough hair to blow in the wind!)


After the aqaurium we hit up Islands for lunch where Crew enjoyed a delicious chocolate shake (he told me you would be proud Sarah!)
Mom left that afternoon. It has been a good two weeks and next week we are so thrilled to be meeting up with our long lost friends the Brutschs in San Francisco so we will have lots to report!



5 comments:

Katherine said...

I have lots of comments!
1. I was jealous to see you wearing shorts and short sleeves in Arizona!
2. I think the picture of you, Matt, and Crew sitting down at the Glendale Americana should be your Christmas card. It's so cute!!
3. Are those dark jeans the ones my mom got you for your birthday? They look great on you!

Love you guys! And Happy Birthday Shan!

Katherine said...

I forgot one thing :) I also love that green shirt you're wearing!

Kendria said...

YOu guys are busy busy busy! Lots of fun things to do! Grandparents are the best!

Ashley said...

I am so proud. Had one of those chocolate shakes myself on Friday night. Could use another right now...:)
Can't wait to come visit!

Del Bianco Family said...

Too much fun!! Crew is getting so big and gets cuter all the time.