Sunday, September 28, 2008

Griffith Park Observatory

Friday night we decided to go on a little adventure up to the Griffith Park Observatory. Not knowing exactly what to expect, we were amazed at how amazing this place is! Nestled up on a mountain overlooking L.A. and the near the infamous "Hollywood" sign, this observatory had a spectacular view (all the yucky smog actually makes for some beautiful colors at sunset!). Here are a few pics from our excursion. Of course, we had to take a picture of the Hollywood sign.
When I downloaded this picture I couldn't believe how big Crew looks! Holy cow is this really my little boy?
The observatory was totally free which was another bonus for the trip. Crew loved looking around and kept showing us stars. I think he knows what they are!
Matt and Crew
Crew telling us the telescope is "that way"
Ha! I think this picture is so funny! That is actually a model of the moon behind Crew but it looks kind of cool!
Anyway, we had a great night and totally loved the observatory. Two thumbs up!

9 comments:

The Adamsons said...

wow, crew really does look grown up in that first picture! he has so much hair!! i didn't know that observatory was there. i bet it was a lot of fun. how is cali?

Maren said...

Seriously that is creepy how old Crew looks, he grew up over night and lost his baby fat! That looks like fun! See California is great!

Lula. said...

That place is obviously so great because it is names after my family. Not really, but we used to go there a lot with the Griffith side of the bunch. Lots to do!

Oh, and that picture of Crew? You're not kidding that he looks like a little man, but I have never seen him look so much like Matt!

Can't wait to see you guys in two weeks!!!

Loves.

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Oh my heck! Crew DOES look so big in these pics. What a cute kiddo! Where does the time go? Looks like you guys had a fun time. Oh and by the way, I was on a walk the other morning and I saw a "NoBama" sign in someone's yard and I thought of you. It is nice to see that there are still some "normal" peeps out there. Stay away from all those crazies!!!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hello! Oh my heck there's so much to do where you live and you're doing it! Your life is just so full of, well, life! Good for you and your fam! Crew gets cuter every day!

The Booher's said...

I miss Crew boy! And you guys too! Have fun with Mom and Dad this weekend!

Kendria said...

I didn't think that was Crew at first. He really does look older... I thought that was Maren's boy! CRAZINESS!

Nicole Hunter said...

How fun! Crew really does look so much older! Holy cow! I have to tell you that we drove past the old duplex this last week while we were in Utah and it just wasn't the same, knowing other people live there now. It was so sad! We sure miss you guys!!

Collie Dawgs said...

Crew is getting so big! He is such a stud! You all look great! We hope you are all well! love you guys!