Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Obedient Child

This picture has nothing to do with the story. You just have to look at his cute face when you read it!
So Crew has been doing swimming lessons the past two months at the Rose Bowl. After our lesson on Monday we were in the locker room changing when I realized I forgot to bring a diaper for Crew to change into. So I had him look at my face while I told him that I had forgotten a diaper so I would be putting his sweat pants on without one. I told him this was very important and he couldn't go pee pee until we got home so he would have to hold his pee pee the entire way home. He told me ok and we finished dressing and started out to the car. I quickly noticed something was different when he was walking out the door with me instead of his usual running ahead of me. I looked down at him and noticed he was holding himself, and then it clicked! Trying not to laugh I explained to Crew that he didn't have to actually "hold" his pee pee the whole way home, that what I meant was he just had to wait to go pee pee until we got home. It was hillarious and a good reminder to me how innocent and literal these little minds can be! And yes, he didn't go pee pee until after we got home and got a diaper on! What a good boy!

12 comments:

Whitney said...

That's awesome! How hilarious! Emmy is working on being potty trained right now. It's quite the adventure!

Katherine said...

HAHA! That is officially my favorite story in the entire world! Oh I miss my Crew boy!! He's so good!

Ashley said...

That is so cute! And SO funny! Seems like I remember Taylor doing that once...

alyssa said...

That is so funny! What a sweet obedient little guy! Oh and I got your message about what Crew said last night and I loved it- made my day! I love that Boy!

Anderson's said...

That story is too cute. Andi loves How the Grinch stole Christmas. She watched almost every day last Decemeber!

Landvatter Family said...

That is the cutest story. He is such a cute kid!

Lula. said...

I miss that boy. That is truly hilarious... You will be telling that story his whole life.

I can't believe that he has grown up so much that he actually understands what you are saying. I hate being so far away from you guys!

The Booher's said...

I think its time for potty training! What a sweet boy! I need to see him soon!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Ahy! What ever you tell him is important, becomes dire to him! What a doll. We forget how serious they are about what they hear. Thanks for sharing!

the waites said...

that is the cutest story ever!! So is he potty trained now or what?? when do I get to hang out with you folks?

Kimberlee said...

What a cute kid! I love stories like that! He's so grown up.

Kendria said...

That is hillarious!