Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Age of Reason

It has happened. Crew has reached the age of reasoning. Gone are the days where I decided for him what he eats, what we do all day, when he sleeps and so much more. For a while now I have been able to "persuade" him to do what I want with limited choices. But he is much harder to trick these days. One example: We haven't had swimming lessons the past couple weeks because of all the holidays and so he has been asking me often if we can go to the pool. Well, today is suppose to be a warmer day so I told him we could go swimming after his nap. He went down really well and was quite in his room for about 5 or 10 minutes then called for me. I went in and he said "awake now, pool."


Fortunately, having a personality makes him even more fun even though it can be challenging too. We have done a few fun things lately. Crew and I went to Disneyland on Monday and by far his favorite thing there was driving the cars at Autotopia. He is constantly telling me he wants to drive my car so this is a real treat that he can actually drive.






We haven't been to the beach for a little while but here is a pic from our last trip. What a cute face.
We have been to the Glendale Americana with the Copples a couple times this month to see the lights and enjoy the "snow." That place is so beautiful! Don't mind the freaky vampire in the background!
The Copples minus Drew in the stroller

One day when Crew decided he didn't need a nap, we finally decided to watch the Grinch at about 4 in the afternoon. It didn't take long for me to look over and see him totally out. I looked at him sleeping with the Grinch on TV and the room softly lit with Christmas lights. It was such a Christmasy moment I loved it!




Now we are counting down the days for Matt to be done with finals so he can play with us too and Crew is counting down the days until we go to Grandma's house and Christmas. He is now saying "mama's house, next week!" and "Christmas, two weeks, bike!" We have so much to look forward too!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Cute! I just can't wait to see you guys in ONE week :-D!!!

Elder Romney's mission said...

Love your new family picture. Cant wait to see the cute Crew! Love your thanksgiving pics also! See you soon!

The Adamsons said...

I can't get over how fast Crew is growing up. I love that he's trying to use the art of persuasion with you now.

Philip and Melissa said...

How fun you guys!!! We wish we could hang out with you all!!!!

Lula. said...

I really don't know if I believe you that he talks that much, or that his mind works that way.

Ben took one look at your cute Christmas card and said, "Crew is so OLD! When did that happen?"

We miss you guys.

Kendria said...

Merry Christmas! Hope to see you there! With the Age of Reasoning comes so many fun things... and funny comments. He is too cute!