Saturday, May 23, 2009

We love Summer!

Matt finished up his winter semester and had a few days off then started his summer semester. We are really enjoying this "summer school" because his load is much lighter which means lots of play time! We have gone to Disneyland twice, our passes are blacked out starting in one week for the entire summer so we had to get our fill. The first time we were able to meet up with a bunch of friends: the Madsen family, the Copples, the Smiths, and the Matsons. Danny Matson grew up with Matt but this was my first time really getting to meet him and his sweet family. We had a blast. This is us with Danny and Jessica minus their FOUR kids! Yeah, we are seriously behind!
Notice Matt's corn dog? As with everything at Disneyland, they are amazing!
Crew loves Cars and was pretty excited about Lightening McQueen and Mater
Last weekend there was a surfing Expo in Ventura so we hit it up with the Adcox family. Well, Matt and Josh hit it up while Jamie and I played with the kiddos. It was a really fun day and great to explore somewhere new. The kids loved the pier and everyone who stopped to talk to us asked if these too were twins. It was pretty funny!

Crew and Zoie loved to peek through the cracks in the wood beams to see the water and we saw a lot of fun things from the pier. This is a dolphin, not a shark! We also saw a baby seal in the water and a huge crab scurry across the deck. It was very adventurous!
My sweet little boy

Disney part two was just our fam. We are really excited because we have finally convinced Crew that it is fun to sit on Dad's shoulders! Ah!!!! This is so much easier!
Crew always makes us ride the merry-go-round first but his other favorites are Buzz Lightyear, he loves shooting the guns and is getting pretty good...
Autopia is definitely a favorite! He is always asking me to drive our car so it is nice I can let him take control at Disneyland since he still has 14 years to go in the real world!
It is kind of nice to be a family of three so we all can fit in one car! Those three rides are musts but he loves lots of other little rides too.
Today we enjoyed a great day at Zuma beach. Crew was in heaven and should sleep great tonight!

Blowing bubbles

We are really going to make the most of these next four weeks! Oh, and still no more rats!
And does anyone remember this guy? Well, he gets home from his mission this Tuesday and we cannot wait! Crew and I are flying out that morning and I can barely stand it I am so excited to see my little bro! WhooHoo!!!! Welcome home Christian!

6 comments:

Kendria said...

What? Christian is already coming home? Where did that time go? Holy crow!

Sidra said...

Hey! I have to say that you are getting your brother back, but we are going to miss our Elder Richter! And he looks older and taller now, too! He is so great; his smile brightens up the whole church! Tell him we miss him already! (And watch out for the Taiwan smell when he gets off the plane! I remember when my brother got off the plane from his mission to Taiwan and he smelled like nothing I could ever imagine!)

the waites said...

Mmmmm....I love those corn dogs(shhh dont tell anyone) Infact as Matt was exiting with dog in hand my dad was going to wait in line:) It was such a treat to see you at D land. I am sure going to miss that place. Im so excited for Christian to get home. THat really flew by!

Elder Romney's mission said...

Have fun with Christian! Disneyland looks like too much fun!!!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

It's so fun to see all of the cute pictures and fun adventures you guys are having! Not fair! I hope you have fun and safe trip. Can't wait to see the Homecoming pics with Christian. We love you guys!

Lindsey said...

I am so sad that we didn't make our "Bundy and Allen weekend of fun" happen. Next year? Hooray that Christian is home, I will be anxiously awaiting the post. I'm glad to see you guys are keeping busy and happy.