Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Descanso Gardens

Crew's latest thing is carrying around his doggy Matsen on his shoulders. We met Matt at the park this day and I thought it was so funny to see Matt with Crew on his shoulders and Matsen on Crew's. In some ways I am thinking this doggy attachment phase may be a good lead into a baby brother. We will see....
Yesterday afternoon we decided to check out the Descanso Gardens that are just a few miles from here. It was a great afternoon! I wish I could have gotten some better pictures because I feel like these don't really do it justice. But here are some pics from our afternoon. Crew and I checking out the map. Kisses from my boy
I really love that we can be so close to a big city and still have places like this just minutes away. The leaves are starting to change around here so it really felt like a fall day. We loved exploring all the "secret paths."
Hiding in the hay
One of the many highlights was the little railroad. I love all the green in this picture!
Whoo Whoo!
The fence in the background is a bit of an eye sore, but it really was a pretty spot and not to mention so fun.
Running through the rose gardens
A sample of the garden beauty
I know his hand is in his face but I still think they are both pretty cute
Blast this kid not being in a picture mood! Our one attempt at a family picture.
Doing what kids should do in the fall. Isn't it funny how much they love this!
Throwing leaves on Dad
This was definitely a spot we need to come back to!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

What beautiful pictures! Shannon you are becoming quite the photographer just like your Mom! I like your family picture, Crew looks so natural. And I love how you have captured Crew running everywhere because I think that is all he does!

Lynnette said...

Gorgeous spot. Your Dad will be so jealous when he sees it!!!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Lucky! That's so great that you have so many fun undiscovered places near you! I'm loving your skills as a photographer! You're awesome girly!

The Adamsons said...

wow, the gardens are so gorgeous! you live in a beautiful place. crew is growing so big, i can't believe it and he's so handsome!

Lula. said...

That looks like such a fun place!
...and I still don't see any signs of pregnancy in your body. Your face looks beautiful, your legs are still tiny your hands aren't swollen. You just look phenomenal as always.

Lots of love to you guys!