Friday, November 20, 2009

Keeping Busy

With my energy level starting to drop, I have been trying to find fun things for Crew to do that don't require me to do so much. Tuesday was free day at the Arboretum again so I took Crew and let him roam the grounds. He loved it of course!
Crew loves the stick maze there and happily running and hiding for an hour easy. I love these eyes and can't get enough of those sweet freckles. I just want to kiss them every chance I get!
The stick maze
The next day, I thought I would try to be one of those fun and festive moms so we made an apple turkey. Considering my lack of creativity, we did pretty well with what we had on hand!
Crew enjoyed this activity especially when he could sneak a marshmallow or fruit snack for himself!
Crew has also been very into forts lately. He calls them his caves. So my house is frequently being turned upside down but it sure makes this little guy happy.
After playing inside the cave for a little while we usually turn on some music and dance (or jump around like a crazy man) to the music. He loves this!
I think we are all realizing how close brother is getting! Crew and I talk about him often and I have began preparing him for the big day. I must say I am more worried about Crew than anything. With the flu season right now, kids are not allowed to come into the hospital so I won't be able to see him for a couple days or introduce him to his new brother for a few days and that makes me so sad to think about! I am way too attached to this boy!
So I am trying to make the most of every last minute I have with just the two of us. Less than 7 weeks to go!

8 comments:

Katherine said...

1. I love Crew's eyes and freckles too!

2. You are so tiny.

3. Kudos on the apple turkey!

4. Your hair (and you) look SO pretty in the last 2 pics!

Poelmans said...

Is it really that close? Wow! Time flies.

David said...

Ditto what Kath said. Yes, life as Crew knows it now is about to change, but he will love having a little buddy around. Can't wait to see you in a few days!

David said...

The last comment was by Becky! It is a pain to switch email addresses!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Oh Shan, you are such a great mom to your little man and your new little guy is very blessed to have you, Matt and Crew. I love love the picture of crew touching your belly. Sweet. I agree with the previous posts, you look very beautiful and happy. We miss you guys!

The Adamsons said...

that is the sweetest pic of the two of you with crew touching your tummy. what is your due date and do you guys have a name picked out yet? you look totally amazing by the way!

Lula. said...

That Crew. Such a sweet boy.

The apple turkey is great. And you ARE one of those fun/festive/creative moms!

You are stunning. Truly beautiful (and SOOO tiny). I just love the pic of you and Crew together. Made me kind of tear up...

It is so true what you say... as exciting as it is awaiting and planning for that #2 precious babe, it is really sad thinking that it will never just be the 2 of you (or 3 of you... I guess the dads count ;) again.

Oh I can't wait to see you guys! And meet that new baby. My heart kind of aches that we aren't within driving distance at this incredible time...

xoxo.

Kendria said...

He'll be here before you know it! Cherish the time you have with little Crew... before you fall completely in love with the next one!