Sunday, February 21, 2010

Arizona

Over President's Day weekend, we drove over to Arizona for Matt's grandma's 90th birthday party. It was a great trip. Here is Matt's sweet grandma, or nonny as the family calls her. Her cake says 29 because she is still at least that young at heart!
It was a great party and I think Nonny really enjoyed having all her family there to celebrate. This is Matt and his sister Jeni with Nonny.
More pictures from the trip, I love this picture of Graham with Matt's dad. Graham was named after two Davids: my grandpa Drake, who passed away when I was in 8th Grade, and Matt's dad. Two amazing Davids! It is something special to be in the arms of someone you are named after. I would not mind if Graham turned out just like him! Among the highlights of the trip, picking oranges with the cows. Yes, they eat the oranges peel and all. They like grapefruit too.
Crew was still a little nervous around the cows but he did help pick oranges when they weren't around.
It was so fun to have all of Matt's family home and for everyone to meet Graham. I don't think I held him the entire weekend! It was great to have all the help and a really big accomplishment to have Katherine hold him! He loved her!
Chloe was a big helper too.
Monday we went to Mesa for a few hours to see my parents.

I love being home in the winter because my dad's yard is gorgeous and there is so much to do outside. Crew loved it all. Planting tomatoe plants with grandpa
. Shooting water guns with grandma
Check out his moves Oh, and grandpa's famous chocolate shakes
mmmmm
Even Graham got a sip, well, not really unless you count it through me! And true to any visit with my parents, lots of great pictures.




It was great to be in warm sunny Arizona and we loved spending the weekend with family!

4 comments:

EmilyHerb18 said...

Great pics Shan. I can't believe how much of a little Man Graham is. SO CUTE.

Maren said...

Nonny looks so great, what a cute little woman. Looks like you guys had fun

Lynnette said...

I wish I looked that good at 50! She is amazing and I'm so glad you guys could be there to celebrate her birthday with the family... Plus, I'm happy to see Katherine holding Graham...I have so many memories of her with Crew that it just seems right to see her with little Baby Graham! You look great Katherine!

David said...

We did have a wonderful time with you and all the family. Nonny couldn't get over the sacrifice of everyone coming. She is funny! We would do anything for her!!! (Becky)