Saturday, September 10, 2011

Words of Encouragement

Tonight I have been looking up quotes and articles in preparation for a fireside Matt and I are doing next Sunday. While scouring LDS.org I came across this quote from Sis. Hinckley. It does not really pertain to our subject but I loved it so much I thought I would share it. Sometimes it is nice to gets some unexpected words of encouragement.

"It is the mothers of young children I would like to address first. These are golden years for you These are years the you will probably do the most important work of your lives. Don't wish away your years of caring for small children. Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans. This is a time of great opportunity for you to build the kingdom. When you teach children to love their Heavenly Father, you have done one of the greatest things you will ever do..." - Sis. Hinckley

7 comments:

Poelmans said...

cute

Katherine said...

Thanks, Shannon! That's very encouraging to me as I'm about to become a mom and "give up" my career and schooling for now. She is a very wise woman.

Anderson's said...

i needed hear that. after a long day with my kids! hope you are doing well!

Kurt and Carli said...

Love that quote! Thanks for sharing Shannon.

We are living in San Diego now! Would love to get together with you guys sometime.

Love,
Carli

Monica said...

I wish we could have come to your fireside. I hope it went well. Thanks for sharing the quote from Sis Hinckley. Very appropriate for me right now!

Brik and Ashley Nielsen said...

Love it Shan! Much love to you guys!!!

the waites said...

Oh Shan! THis was needed!

Thanks for sharing

xoxo