Thursday, October 20, 2011

29 and then some

Last week I turned 29. Matt made the morning nice but works late on Wednesdays so the boys and I celebrated making cupcakes, juicing apples, and lots of visits from good friends. The only picture of me on my birthday is actually quite hideous so we will move on to the rest of our week:)

Becky came out for a quick visit last weekend and we loved having her! She brought the boys some fun "Bendaroos" seen below...


Friday morning we met our lovely cousin Carli and her darling little Julianne at the beach. Unfortunately the fog rolled in just as we got there but we still had a good time. Julianne thought Crew was hilarious but she was the funniest one to watch! Graham is Crew's shadow She left right after Crew's soccer game but it was still so nice to have her.




Here is the mirror I got for my birthday along with a glimpse of some of our house. So, Crew loves art. Let me rephrase that, Crew is obsessed with art. Every day he comes home from school with a new idea for an art project he has thought of and they are usually pretty extensive. The other night I told Matt, "The art is killing me!" I try to remember I should be enjoying this stage and I really do enjoy one on one time with him. So, I decided to channel some of his art with some of my own ideas. Crew still definitely dominates our projects but we have gotten a few cute things from our daily art projects. Here Crew is painting glow and the dark paint on a pumpkin. Now it is glowing next to his bed:)



This centerpiece was a great art project because it took us a few days to find the sticks, paint them, and make our bats and ghosts. I'm not kidding, we take these projects seriously! Sometimes I think Crew should have been my sister's kid! Pretty creative guy. Just a few more thoughts.... the weather here is usually nice but the last few days have been absolutely fantastic! Crisp cool mornings and nights and mildly warm sunny days, it just makes me so happy! I am a major autumn lover so the slightest color change in leaves elates me. The boys and I are pretty much always outside which also makes me happy. Another positive, my boys really play together pretty well. I love listening to them laugh and play. Graham is also really starting to talk more and more. I must say he is delightful most of the time and has a fantastic sense of humor. Besides his separation anxiety and ridiculous amounts of drool, this little guy is full of smiles. I really do love these boys. So there you go. Life is good. Gotta live up my last year in my 20s!

5 comments:

Anderson's said...

Andi is the same way! She is obsessed with doing crafts. Everyday she comes home from school and asks me what craft we are going to do today. it is fun, but a lot of work. I will have to steal some of your ideas! your house looks darling by the way!

Lindsey said...

I know!! I realized yesterday I totally forgot your birthday. Dang it all! Get yourself on facebook so I can wish you a normal happy birthday.
I can't believe how big the boys are. You guys have more adventures than anyone else I know. Is it because you are a Richter or live in California? Hopefully some day I can make my way down to see you :)

Lynnette said...

Your Halloween tree is adorable...and so are your boys. I would say your day was filled with great works of art! And the mirror looks wonderful.

Lula. said...

I love all the art projects!

courtney said...

Finally caught up on your family :) I'm sad & sorry I missed you when you were here, it had been such a crazy day. Happy late birthday! You look wonderful Shannon! We're moving to Reno next summer so hopefully I can see you sometime before we move. Maybe we can meet at that la jolla cove? I've never been & it looks beautiful. Merry Christmas! Love,, Courtney :)