Friday, January 6, 2012

Utah

We seriously scored having Dave and Becky up in Utah the same weekend Christian got married! They took the boys for most of the day and had so much fun. Among their activities were exploring some of BYU campus and the Monty Bean Museum. I took Crew there nearly every day during the winter when we lived in Utah so it was very fitting for him to return.


Dave and Becky were in town because Katherine and Devin blessed precious baby Clara on Sunday. I was totally lame and didn't snap a single picture but here is a picture of us with Dave, Becky, Devin, Kath and Buffy's family. We were so grateful we could be there and I loved being able to snuggle up with that precious girl all during sacrament meeting. Maybe someday a girl...but at the rate Maren and I are going I better not get my hopes up!

The boys and I flew up to Utah on Wednesday with Christian and my parents. The air was pretty nasty when we got there but there was still a little snow on the ground up by the Draper Temple. I pulled over and let the boys play in some of that super old and disgusting snow that first afternoon and they thought it was so much fun! It was seriously hilarious. Drivers looked at me like I was crazy when they passed by it was a nice intro for the boys. Although once the wet cold soaked into the clothes they both had second thoughts!

We felt really lucky to have Christian all to ourselves for a couple hours the night before he got married. He went with the boys and I to temple square to see the light. I love that boy!









Matt got in late Thursday night and Christian and Kim were married in the Draper Temple Friday morning. It was such a beautiful sealing and so much fun to see so many friends and family members. The air really cleared up that day too but the only negative part of the day was the wind! Wow! I thought we were going to blow away! Needless to say, don't mind all the hair in all the pictures. They are still sheltered from the wind coming out of the temple in this picture.


And then the wind hits! Kim was such a beautiful bride and it was so wonderful to see them both so happy. I'm sure I will post more wedding pictures when I get them.


My parents are all five their darling grandsons

Saturday morning Matt took Crew to Sundance for his first exposure to snow skiing. They met our friends Ben and Cason and tackled the tow rope for a couple of hours. He had fun but didn't stray far from between his dad's legs:)

Saturday afternoon we went up to my aunt Jan's cabin with some family to find some snow. We found it and it was freezing! But we had a blast taking the boys on the snow mobiles. Graham couldn't get enough of it! His little face was covered except for his eyes and he would have stayed on them all day if I wasn't so cold!








The boys also took a few sledding runs down the hill.



We got back from the snow and headed straight to the hotel pool and hot tub. Then, just to be sure we got all the chills out, we took a nice hot bath as well. Sunday evening we got to spend some quality time with our good friends the Brutschs. It was so nice to just hang out at their home and spend hours laughing and talking like the good old days. Ben took us for a chilly ride on his awesome scooter. It was pretty cold but always fun with Ben!




When we were leaving Utah on Monday Crew said "I like Utah because it snows but I do not like Utah because it is cold." We really did love being back to visit but we were all thrilled to come home to the 80 degree weather of southern California!


1 comment:

EmilyHerb18 said...

Looks like you guys had a great visit. Christian and Kim are so cute together. I wish I could have been there. We are excited to see you guys this summer!