Monday, January 21, 2008

Where to start??? Let's begin with the bowl game...

Pioneer Las Vegas Bowl Game
Ok, so we started our Christmas Break the Tuesday before Christmas by heading down to Las Vegas for the BYU bowl game. We took Crew out on the town for his first time in Vegas! He got to do a buffet, see some of the lights on the strip, and my personal favorite, watch the fountains at the Bellagio. He was actually really good and had his eyes wide open everywhere we went. The next morning I flew with Crew to Phoenix and dropped Crew off with my parents at the airport then flew right back. He was so excited to see them, but I couldn't help crying as I left my little buddy with his grand parents! It was tough! But I flew back to Vegas and we were able to do some fun activities with the team. We saw the show KA, volunteered at a boys and girls club, and just got to spend some time together which was nice. My parents brought Crew back to Vegas with them on Friday afternoon and it was so good to see him! Crew came with us to the game and actually was really good for the first half. Then my sweet mother was good enough to take him back to the hotel so I could stay and watch the end of the game. If anyone knows what a die-hard football fan my mom is you will know what a nice thing that was for her to do. The game was tough. Matt got injured in the first quarter and then came back in with his ankle kind of fixed up. Unfortunately in the third quarter he tore his ACL so then he was done for good. We are luckly we got all the way to his last game before having these serious injuries! But it was a great ending as we won by blocking the field goal! Go Cougars!
Crew and I with Grandma and Grandpa Richter at the Bowl Game. Did I mention that it was freezing!!!!
Crew and I enjoying an amazing fountain show! This is the best thing in Vegas!
This is at the Buffet in the Planet Hollywood. We got our money's worth!




Matt and Crew were a handful to travel with because of Matt's injuries but luckily my parents helped us get back to Phoenix after the game. They are both cute though so it makes it easier to push them around!
A picture of the "Allen 10" groupies (minus mom and Crew) after the game.
What would we do without the Brutsch's? Ben represented the family and was our photographer after the game. Thanks guys for all your support!
I love this picture because it truly shows Matt's personality. This was such a fun chapter of our lives and it was a great way to end the season even with the injuries.
Grandpa Richter, Crew and I in the Bellagio Conservatory before the game.













4 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

So happy to see an update! We were incredibly sad to watch Matt go down with an injury but man, you guys have the best attitudes! I'm so glad ya'll were able to end on a happy note. And wow, Crew is maturing and growing so quickly!!!!! When does #2 come along? :-) Miss you.

The Booher's said...

I am so glad that you put the picture with Matt in the wheelchair, It keeps him humble (he he). I miss you guys and Bella cant wait to meet you! Love you!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I could sit in that conservatory all day! I just love that place. Poor Matt in the wheelchair. I am sure he just loved being pushed around. HA! Just like the guy on XMEN!

blythe said...

So many fun updates! Looks like you guys had a great holiday season! Cute, cute pics. I can't believe your baby is one!