Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hooray for Crew's First Birthday!

Ok, so I am proud to say that after this post I am officially caught up. We kind of disappeared for a while over the holidays. When we got back Matt had his surgery and Crew was sick for a week so I think our lives are finally coming back together! Anyway, time for the reason to celebrate, Crew turned one on January 10th! We had such a great day! That morning we made his cake and then took him to the Bean Museum at BYU. It is a great museum with so many amazing animals to look at and it is free! Crew loved being able to wonder around and look at all the animals.


Crew and I in front of some animal (I'm sure Brett Cooper could tell us!)
Matt, Crew and a moose!
That night we had a few friends over for a party! The Coopers, Brutsch's, Hunters, and Katherine and Neil came to help us celebrate.
Crew and Mylie Hunter
Cason Brutsch (in yellow) and Wyatt and Brielle Cooper


Opening gifts
Crew's Grandma and Grandpa Allen gave him a basketball hoop for Christmas and he loves it. So we decided to do a basketball cake.
Crew started slow. He is a very observant kid and so he had to really check it out first.
Making progess
We were so glad Wyatt was there to help show Crew what birthday presents and cakes are all about.



So the pictures got out of order but I don't have time to fix them but this is after we rinsed off all the cake and for some reason he loves the clothes hamper!
Ahh, 30 minutes before the last picture. Not too bad eh?
Cake was everywhere and it was great! Well done son!
Katherine and Neil were representing Phoenix because they were off to a Suns game after the party. Go Suns!


Anyway, Crew had a great first birthday and he is finally over his sickness so life is good!


P.S. A side note on Matt, he had his ACL repaired on Jan. 15th and still uses crutches to get around but is doing much better. He had his first interview with the University of Utah's Physical Therapy program today and is interviewing at Midwestern (Chicago) and Duke in February. Exciting times!















16 comments:

juliette said...

I love the party hats! I also love the cake and the tradition of letting the one year old completely destroy it! Sometimes I wish I could turn one again soley for that reason!

Natalie Hall said...

Shannon, Crew is getting so grown up. He is so cute! How crazy you have a one year old. You look like you are about 15.

I really hope Matt is doing better. That surgery has got to be the worst! Tell him good luck with the healing process.

So Bishop Richter, how wonderful is that. Your mom and dad are going to be the best for that ward. I am so excited for them.

Philip and Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CREWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the waites said...

I cant believe hes 1. What a fun party! I cant wait to let Myles dig into a cake. Im already plannig the party. Crew is so adorable! How exciting for Matt, Where do you guys want to go? Lastly are you so excited for your dad, My dad was so giddy. Such little boys those two!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Hey Allen Family! I love all the updates! You guys are such a cute family! Happy Birthday Crew! Sounds like you guys are doin great! I miss seeing you, we'll have to get together soon!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I made a cake JUST like that for Taylor's 1st birthday! How funny! looks like a fun party- wish we could have been there!

The Booher's said...

Happy birthday Crew! I like the picture with the moose, it looks like Crew has an antler! Bella cant wait to meet you guys! Love you!

Alexander said...

Happy Birthday Crew. Due to the Super Bowl today it got me thinking about all the fun times I spent with your family on Super Bowl Sunday. It makes me laugh to think about all dorky things we used to do. Anyway, enjoy the game, food, everything.

Reed and Hailey said...

Hi Matt and Shannon!
Crew is SO adorable! I can't get over it. Looks like he had a great 1st birthday! Sounds like things are going great!

mattnbeth said...

looks like a good party. cute cake. it looks like he could have gotten a little more dirty though :)

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

I love the pics and the cake turned out adorably! Good luck with Matt's interviews!!

Lindsey said...

Darling blog Shan! Crew's birthday looks so fun and I can't believe how big he has gotten. I remember the night before Emma's first birthday I was pretty sad, it all just went by so fast, but at least I had no regrets. When the weather warms up we need to come down and go to the Bean museum with you guys, Emma is major animal lover right now. Well, I hope to see you sooner than later. :)

Rae Lynn and Brett said...

Finally we got an yalls blog I told Brett everyday call Matt I want to get on there blog. I love yalls blog is so stinkin' cute. Crew is so dang cute. Happy Birthday Crew

alyssa said...

How are you guys? It was so fun seeing you at our little reunion. I love your cute pictures! So....have you made your decision on schools? We are anxious to hear-I'm so glad you have such great choices, but it just makes it that much harder to decide I'm sure! Well, keep us posted. luv ya

Kendria said...

One already... Can you believe it...