Sunday, September 21, 2008

Keeping up with Crew

Well, despite Crew coming down with a cold, we still managed to have a pretty good week. One highlight of the week was going to the L.A. Zoo! This is so much more exciting than Disneyland for Crew just ask him about it. It goes something like this:

Me: "Crew what are we going to see at the zoo today?"
Crew: "Um, um, um, BIG Tigers!"
Me: "Oh yeah, what else"
Crew: "Um, um, um a BIG bear!"
Me: "Oh my goodness! Are you so excited? Where are we going?"
Crew: "Zoo!"

It is really great because the zoo is about 15 minutes away and Crew really does love it. I'm sure it will be a frequent trip for us.


We also headed down to the beach again this weekend. No, that is not Crew with Mitch Buchanon, ha! Matt does feel like he is wasting away in grad school but I think he still looks good! This trip was to Santa Monica. It was a fantastic beach day full of sun, sand, buckets and shovels, but no baywatch celebrities!
And believe it or not, Crew does have some tan lines!

But the main reason for this post is to update you on just how funny my little buddy really is. He says pretty much everything now and is really getting good at comminicating. He is really into telling us what way to go with "dis sway" and "that way" and we must "watch" everything he does from jumping off who knows what to throwing a ball "high." If I had to say he was leaning towards playing a specific sport it would be a toss up between baseball, soccer and track since every hit is a "homerun", he loves kicking (interesting that he is a lefty kicker) and all the running and jumping. He is starting to get into football a little more now too since it is on TV ALL weekend! I am really just loving this age and all the funny little things I discover about my son daily.

One more conversation that I have to post. We were at the church waiting to go to a baptism today when Matt and Crew appeared back in the room after a short little absence. This is the conversation. I'm not sure if I should worry about all the umms yet, but I sure think they are funny and they really do add to his enthusiasm.

Me: "Hey buddy! Where did you go?"

Crew: "Um, outside"

Me: "Oh really, what did you see?"

Crew: "Um, um, Big truck!"

Me: "Oh wow! What kind of truck?"

Crew: "Um, blue truck"

Matt enters the room and says: "No, we've been in the cultural hall, he's making it all up"

Ha! What a funny kid. I like to think he just has a good imagination and made the cultural hall a much more exciting adventure!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Hi! Crew is so funny and so cute! I think we are coming to see you in November- without the kids. Michael has a CE course there. Can't wait. Then we can plan our trip to NY in 3 years! :) Michael is just DYING from jealousy that you guys get to go to the beach all the time. Tell Matt to stop calling him to rub it in. :)

Kendria said...

Ha! Cute pictures. I love all the conversations... I cam glad you are documenting them.

Lula. said...

Does he seriously talk that much? I can't even believe it. We miss you guys so much. Only a few more weeks until we see you! I can't wait to give that Crew-boy a hug.

Katherine said...

Oh my goodness - I miss that little boy so much!

Lindsey said...

All your recent posts make it look like you're on an extended vacation! I'm so glad that you're adjusting well and it was so nice to talk to you and catch up the other day. I'm going to keep your offer in mind to come and stay sometime. :)

The Hunter Family said...

So I get it. SLC couldn't "feel right" because there's no beach! Glad to see you guys are taking advantage of that, must be fun. About Matt "wasting away" tell him to youtube the filthy fifty and the 300 workout and to stop shaving his chest! Love you guys, Matt how's PT school?

Anderson's said...

I love when kids start talking. It is the cutest thing! You guys are doing all kinds of fun stuff. I love Santa Monica-there's a Sprinkles on Rodeo Dr. I may have to come get some cupcakes, Sprinkles is taking too long to come to Vegas!

Elder Romney's mission said...

Matt i dont think your really in school, all you do is go to the beach! Crew boy is so cute!

the waites said...

that is so cute! the best is Matts reply. How was that zoo?? Myles is starting to really enjoy zoo's.