Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Fun

Wow! I feel like my life is still in somewhat of a vacation mode! Let me catch you up on some of our recent events. I had to include this picture because I think it is so funny! Crew and I went to watch Talli's dance recital a couple weeks ago. Isn't this such a boy's reaction to a dance recital! Ha! Actually, the recital was great, especially Talli! It was all of 15 minutes long and Crew was only crying in this picture because we were forcing him to take it!

To kick off Labor Day week we gave Crew his first hair cut! That's right, at 20 months it was finally time to trim off some of his lucious locks in the back and some off the top.
Crew had a very good first hair cut experience
He even tried to do some himself, carefully
For the actual Labor day, we went to the beach with a bunch of friends and had a great day! We were there from 10 to 4 and Crew loved every minute of it!


Something Crew is into lately is my headbands. I don't feel too bad because he wears them very manly! He will put one on and have it on for at least 30 minutes!
Tuesday night, Maren and her family came up and we went to a Dodger game that night. It was a blast and Crew really got into it!
Not a great picture but I am holding Parker so that makes it worth posting
Maren's fam

Parker getting some tummy time and watching the game

The next day was Disneyland! Crew is still too young to feel all the happiness Disneyland has to offer but we still had a good time. Some of the favorites were the merry-go-round, Dumbo, Autotopia, and Casey Jr. Choo Choo.
Crew loved being with his cousins!
The next day Crew and I flew down to Az for my friend Laura's wedding. Crew is a great flyer because he loves airplanes! Of course, my parent's house is a dream come true with more trucks, tractors, choo choos and airplanes than a little boy should ever have!
We went to the temple one night to help with Laura's pictures. Crew was great and he really love the temple, just ask him!


Another wonderful thing about my parent's house is their pool! Crew loves anything that has to do with water and is really good in the pool. He loves jumping off the side and even jumped off the diving board a few times! We have to watch him like a hawk but he loves it!


Crew and "Ma ma"
This is at the reception Saturday night. If only I could get my kid to smile at the camera, we might finally have a family picture!

So, that was our week! I'm exhausted but we had a great time and are excited for this week!




9 comments:

Kendria said...

Wow, You really were on VACATION mode, but how fun! Disneyland, Beach, Dodgers, Grandma's House... Busy! So fun! You look lovely as always...

Katherine said...

Oh I miss you guys so much!

Nicole Hunter said...

What a fun week! I guess it's good to be in vacation mode as long as possible since Matt will only get busier with school. Looks like you've really been enjoying California! I love your family picture! You guys look great!

Lula. said...

Gosh, I miss that little guy...

All these pictures have me nearly in tears because I miss seeing you guys. I know you guys have the beach out there, and Disneyland, and Maren's family, and loads of friends, but you better not forget us!

See you soon!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Wow! You have been busy! How fun! Crew is so dang cute and I love his new 'do ;) Good work! The last pic is cute and Shan, you look way pretty! Hope you are all doing well. We miss you guys!

Ashley said...

Nice to see that Matt is showing Crew the way of the "Spongers." Now if Matt would just have Crew cut his hair. I'm jealous (not of the hair, just the location)

Elder Romney's mission said...

You all look so good! We miss you!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Oh so sweet! I had fun chatting with you the other night! I can't believe how courageous crew is around water!!

davidandsuzi said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time in California! I can't believe how big Crew looks everytime you post. What a beautiful family you have!