Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the Farm

It is hard to give you the full feel of it, but Crew's room is pretty much finished! Crew really does love his room. One reason why is Carson's Choo choo table that we have been able to borrow, but Crew does loves to show off his new room to visitors and I think it really feels like home to him. I will give you the tour like Crew does. When you first walk in "barn, right there!"

Next, above his crib is "Cow" I usually ask him to tell you what it says and he will say "name, Crew, cow."

Above his dresser are the "tractors!" I love these signs! We found these tin signs on the internet and they just really add to the whole scene. I love that we have a green tractor just like the sign on the dresser that we got from my grandpa.

Over the other bed is Matt's work of art. I know it looks simple but I love it! Matt used oil pastel paints and painted our "windmill, and fields" We are still trying to find some way to frame it but we had to hang it up so Crew would stop trying to always touch it. It is bright and cheery and just what I would imagine seeing if I could look out a barn window! Great job Matt!

We also painted a bulletin board black and have some favorite pictures up on it so Crew has a constant reminder of their smiling faces.

So that is it! Simple but great for us. I kind of like to think of it as a little tribute to my grandpa Richter. Other than his family, his farm was his pride and joy and he would really love all that we did in Crew's room. He and Crew talked a lot about tractors the week before he died and I know he is smiling down on us with his approval! So welcome to Crew's life on the farm!

5 comments:

Elder Romney's mission said...

I love it! Matt I didnt know you were such an artist!

Lula. said...

WOW!!!! It looks SO good! I must see it in person. Very impressive guys. Love it.

Rebecca said...

Wow! They just might want you guys on HGTV! It looks great! And I love The chocolate faced Crew boy. I just worried that the skewer was sharp.

Katherine said...

Cute! I love the sign with his name on it in cow print! I'm impressed with the creativity of this room! Miss you all!

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

You finally finished. It looks so cute! I bet Crew loves to hang in his little barn.