Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sending out January

I haven't really posted anything about what we have been doing the past couple weeks so I thought I would do a quick catch up of how we spent the later half of January. We tell each other every day how much we love and appreciate warm winter weather! There are a lot of things we miss about Provo but winter is not one of them! We have definitely been taking advantage of the sunny California weather. For MLK Day we went to Zuma beach in Malibu with a bunch of friends. I love this beach and it was a such a beautiful day. Here's a cute pic of my little man strutting his stuff along the beach.

While we are catching beach beauties, here is miss Talli stopping to smile at the camera.

We all decided to hike over to some tide pools and this is the view from the top. When this scene came into view I said "oh how gorgeous!" Crew of course immediately said "Gorgeous! Gorgeous mom!" Gorgeous is now a frequent word in his vocabulary.

View from the tide pools. Ahh!

Whenever we are at the beach this is one very happy boy!

Another highlight the end of January was meeting my mom in Anaheim. She was down there for a convention with my aunt so we hit up Disneyland and met up with her for dinner. Unfortunately it was a rainy day so mom and I opted out of pictures (thanks to our frizzy hair) but it really was so fun to see her as well as some of my family. Crew didn't mind the rain especially when he got to see his favorite Disney Characters. I swear, Disneyland is so much more magical when you get to be there with a child. Here is Crew and Mini Mouse (sp?)

I know Crew's face doesn't look very excited in these pics but this is by far the highlight of Disneyland. Well, this and the parade. He loves to dance to the parade.

Finally, we have been fixing Crew's room all up so last weekend we spent all day Saturday painting. It was a total mess but it turned out really good. Here is Crew helping me with the paint.

Matt doing some touch up work. We still have a few more little things to do and then I will post pics of the final project! Hopefully that will be soon!

Crew was pretty bored all day with us taking over his room but he snuggled up with his "football player" to pass some of the time. He was a good boy.

Other Crew news, he has totally got his new bike down! We have video of him riding his bike and I am trying to figure out how to post it but he is pretty close to a pro. Luckily he wears a helmet because it has already come in handy a few times. But after every fall he says "wipe out" then gets right back on his bike. The kid loves his bike and it is so fun to see him take off!

Crew also loves to help me hunt for parking spots when we got to the store or wherever else we go. The other morning he woke up and call for me to come in. When I walked into his room the first thing he told me was, "mom, good parking spot!" I am glad I have taught him early how to appreciate good parking spots. It may be a little sad that he actually dreams about it!

Last story, Crew had a well child visit at the Dr. today. Crew hates the Dr.'s office so it is always a relief to have over with. Well, today the Dr. came in and was trying to warm him up to her. She asked him questions like who was on his sticker ("Mickey Mouse" came out enthusiastically), his favorite color ("blue, red") and then asked him his favorite food and he said "chocolate." I was kind of embarrassed but I probably would have said the same thing! This boy is like his mommy! Luckily he is still only in the 25th percentile for weight so she said he can kept eating more chocolate. We had some M&M's to celebrate!

7 comments:

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

I love that it is January and your beach pictures are sunny and blue!! We really scored on the USC thing.

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

I love that it is January and your beach pictures are sunny and blue!! We really scored on the USC thing.

Anderson's said...

I love the warm weather winters too! Las Vegas isn't as beautiful as Cali, but it is way better than Provo right now.

Lula. said...

I think I just threw up.... I mean really, you guys are at the beach in January and Cason and I practically stare out the window all day. The slightest warmth sends us right outside to tromp around in the ugly, dirty, icy snow. Ha-- listen to me complain!

I just never get over how grown up our Crew-boy is. We miss him so much! And the barn door (from what I could see) looks so darling. Way to go you do-it-yourselfers!

We miss and love you all lots!

Monica said...

Shannon...I love that he loves his football player! My mom will be so happy to hear that! Wow, is Matt going to school or just playing? Oh, wait, we've been saying that for years, haven't we? I'm so glad you are enjoying the sun and the beach and DisneyLand.

Lindsey said...

What a good post! I love those all of those pictures. Seriously, I am so excited you don't even know. I have Emma look at your blog with me so she can be familiar with you guys and Crew, but the little girl has never had a hard time making new friends so I'm not even worried about it. I love those little stories about Crew, especially with the good parking spot. I can't wait to get to know him. Remind me when we get there about the word "gorgeous!" Ryan and I use it a lot and it relates back to a funny story about your parents. Can't wait to see you guys!

Lynnette said...

OK, I want to hear the gorgeous story too if I am part of the inspiration!