Monday, February 23, 2009

Twenty Seven




Today is Matt's birthday but instead of celebrating he is taking tests and studying hard for all his midterms this week! It really stinks that as grown ups our birthdays can't be just what we want to do. So, in my effort to make today as much about Matt as I can, here are some of my favorite, non-mushy things about Matt .
One of my most favorite things about Matt is his laugh and it says a lot about him. Matt laughs at everything and his laugh is very contagious! Because he laughs at everything, he really is laughing all the time which may be why he is such a happy person. In the almost 6 years that I have known him, I have never seen Matt stressed. I don't really understand how that is possible but it is true none the less and that may be one reason why I was suppose to marry him! Matt also keeps us from getting too boring because he isn't really a favorites kind of guy. He likes too many things and is usually willing to try new things, unlike his more predictable wife. For example, I have made him a different kind of cake every year for his birthday, this year is carrot cake. This quality also results in Matt taking forever to order when we go out to eat. Just when I think he has decided it will be his turn to order and he will suddenly change his mind again. Always keeping me on my toes that Matt :)
I really am so lucky to be married to Matt. He is my perfect match and Crew and I can't get enough of him! So happy birthday Matt, we love you!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're right about his laughing. That is why he went to Samoa on his Mission. They can't talk without laughing! Of course, being his mom I think he is practically perfect, just like all my kids and grandkids!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Happy Birthday Matt!! Those are all such good qualities to have. Matt is definitely a GREAT guy! We miss you guys!

Lula. said...

Happy Happy Birthday Matt! We hope it was a wonderful day. We also love those things about you, and dang it, we miss your laughing self!

Poelmans said...

Awe, you two are perfect for each other! Miss you guys! hope all is well!