Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pre-Christmas Visit

My mom called us towards the end of last week and asked if she could come visit us for a few days since we couldn't go home for Christmas. We said "heck yes!" so after Matt finished his last final Tuesday morning, we went to the airport and picked up grandma. It was so much fun having her here! We grabbed lunch and headed to the Arboretum to spend the afternoon. It was fun for Crew and I to show Matt and mom our awesome Arboretum. Here is a family pic inside the stick maze.
Crew would really live here if he could!
It was such a beautiful day and fall colors are still hanging around so we had to take more pictures.


So thrilled to be with his grandma!
Isn't this a beautiful scene!
We stopped by Costco on our way home then had a mellow night since we were all spent from our afternoon outing. Mom and I wrapped presents and it was so nice to just hang out together. I am really going to miss that part this Christmas.
Wednesday morning, mom and I took Crew for a stroller ride while Matt got to enjoy some well deserved surfing. We all got home and cleaned up then stopped for a few pics by this perfect fall scene. Crew is giving his brother a hug while we try to get a decent family picture.
Here is the closet one we got. Not very good but pretty background.
From there we drove out to Newport. Our first stop was Fashion Island for a ride on the merry-go-round, fountains, and dinner. I love how little he still looks here considering how big he is now!Then it was time for the Christmas boat parade. We met up with our friends the Ciracs and took the ferry over to Balboa Island. The houses over there were completely decked out! It was so much fun!
Someone wasn't in a picture mood that night but check out the penguins behind them.
One of the boats in the parade. It was really fun to see all the boats!
Crew and Grandma watching the parade
The Allens and the Ciracs
Our little festive group. Thanks Allie for inviting us to this fun event!
Thursday morning my mom watched Crew for us while Matt and I went to a doctor's appointment. When we came home, I was so surprised to see my dad had flown out to spend the day with us too! It was such a great day to spend with my parents. We walked over to a fun little restaurant to have lunch and enjoy a beautiful day, stopping in some of the fun stores along Mission street. Then we went to Lacy Park to enjoy the rest of our time together. Crew was showing off some of his cool tricks for his grand parents.
This is a terrible picture of most of us but funny since we were experimenting with the timer.
Crew and Grandma playing in the leaves

This boy truly enjoyed having his grandma and grandpa here so much! After we dropped them off at the airport tonight he kept begging us to go back and pick them up again. He wanted them to come back to his house tonight! Who wouldn't love these two!
Thank you so much mom and dad for coming out and spending some time with us! I love you so much and my big boy keeps telling me to hurry and get brother out so you can come back again really soon! You guys are the greatest!

P.S. For those of you who are wondering what you did to get taken off the Christmas card list this year, don't worry! We are foregoing Christmas cards this year since we will be sending birth announcements very soon! So just know we still love you and love getting all your cards and will be sending you our family update soon!

P.S.S. This baby should be here in less than three weeks since my doctor wants to induce me if I haven't had him by 39 weeks because of my lovely veins in my right leg! My due date was Jan 5th so this baby may be here in 2009! I will keep you updated.

5 comments:

Lynnette said...

We loved being there with you! It was a pre-Christmas treat for us.
Love you!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

awesome pictures! what a great surprise that your dad flew in too! oh how fun!!! Chris and I are still hoping baby _______ (to be filled in soon) will come on the 2nd....Chris' b-day : ) Miss you!

Lindsey said...

BUM-MER about not going home for Christmas!! That's so nice your parents came out to see you. Kind of blows my mind that your parents are Grandparents, AND that it is fall where you are. Winter is in full swing here. It's been fun so far, but by the second week of January it gets REALLY old! You look sooo teeny tiny, I can't believe you have a human being inside of you. I can't wait to see details of him. Good luck with everything!!

EmilyHerb18 said...

Shan you look so beautiful. I can't believe you are due in three weeks and you looks so awesome. I'm so excited for you! Good luck with the delivery. We'll be awaiting a call to here all about it. LOVE YOU!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Lynette! I love seeing you with waves. It looks so beautiful! I hope you do those more often. They are so cute!