Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"I like him. We should keep him"

That was Crew's first impression of his new brother! Phew! I'm glad he kind of likes him. I will do a little post on our Christmas but let me start with this sweet boy. Most of the day Saturday I was feeling a little bit off. You would think I would know what it feels like to go into labor but I was induced with Crew so this was a very new experience for us! Matt of course, came down with the flu Saturday night and after he spent some quality time with the toilet, a friend came and gave him a blessing about 10:30. By 1 am I knew I was having contractions but tried to sleep through them since they weren't very strong or consistent. By 4 I couldn't sleep anymore. At 4:15, which is 5:15 Arizona time, I called and woke my poor mother and asked if she could be on the 8:00 flight to Burbank. I woke Matt up at 6 and Crew must of sensed the excitement because he was up a few minutes later. We spent some time together that morning and talked with Crew more about what was going to happen. We had talked about it so much but it was crazy that this was the real thing. We dropped Crew off at our neighbors about 7:45 and headed down to the hospital. This was very emotional for me but somehow Crew didn't catch on to his mama's emotions. We got to the hospital and after being checked and monitored, I was admitted. It took a while for me to dilate but once my water broke I went from a 5 to a 10 in less than 30 minutes. Next thing we knew, Graham made his entrance into the world. He is perfect little guy and we are so excited to have him in our family.

Right when he came out I couldn't believe how much he looked like Crew! Maybe a little more hair.
Graham's hands were purple for so long after he came out! I think he has bad circulation like his mama. Luckily he shouldn't have vein problems from pregnancy!
I feel like Matt and I look so hammered in these pics since we didn't get much sleep and Matt was still a little off from his flu bug. Graham and I had to stay in the hospital until Tuesday morning and I was so anxious to get out! I missed my Crewboy so much but he did well with grandma. Matt stayed home the second night and made a couple visits too but he needed his mom. Here is our happy reunion Tuesday morning when he met us outside the hospital. I was totally crying but so happy to have all my boys together!
So far Crew has done pretty well with Graham. He did tell me babies cry a lot. For the most part, Crew doesn't really notice Graham except for little moments. But he has been testing mom and dad a little bit lately during this whole transition phase.

Crew showing his brother how to play baseballHere are a few more pics of our sweet baby boy. He also sleeps a lot, this is a big world for such a little guy.



We feel so blessed to have our too sweet boys. I am very grateful for modern medicine, the love and support of family, and the blessings Heavenly Father has given this family. We truly feel blessed!

12 comments:

Monica said...

Matt and Shannon...he is beautiful (or handsome if you prefer). You look great. You are lucky to have all your boys, Shannon! Congrats to all of you. Graham is a fine-sounding name.
Love, Monica

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

He is darling...and sooo tiny. It was great to see you guys. Missed you!

Natalie Hall said...

You guys, what a gorgeous sweet little babe! I'm so glad everything went so well. Shannon, how wonderful to start healing those veins of yours. And I do love the name.... Huge Congrats to your adorable little family of four, from the Hall family...

Katherine said...

I love that Crew said "We should keep him!" That's so sweet :)

EmilyHerb18 said...

Shan he is perfect. I love his long little toes. Crew will be such a good big brother. Congrats to you all and give your little family loves from us!

Kendria said...

Oh my gosh! He looks exactly like Crew. I wasn't sure if those were Crew's baby pics or not... and Shannon, you sound like you are just in LOVE with your babies. They are going to be so much fun! Congrats! We love and miss you guys!

Lindsey said...

Hooray!! He's here!! I am soooo happy for you! I hope the transition goes well with Crew and that Graham can be a good baby for you. Two was an adjustment for me, perhaps because Lydia had a touch of colic for a while, but still, just hang in there. I absolutely heart the name Graham. Hopefully I can meet him while he's still little. Hey, how do you and Matt feel about arranged marriages? If your boys aren't spoken for then I call dibs. :)

Whitney said...

Congrats! What a cutie!!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Your little Graham is so sweet. The pic of you holding your sweet little boys made me cry. How precious. We are so happy for you and hope you are feeling well. Aren't these little kiddos some of life's greatest blessings? We love you guys are so happy for you.

The Lanoy Family said...

Congrats you two. He is so precious. Tell crew he is the coolest big brother ever. Love you guys.

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a beautiful family! And you look great in the pictures. Can't wait to meet Graham.

blythe said...

congrats! he is so handsome and looks like such a sweetheart!

i love the family pictures of the four of you.