Friday, April 23, 2010

Enjoy Your Family

When we were on our trip a little over a month ago, I was surprised how much attention (usually positive) my children drew and how often I was told to "enjoy your family." I have thought about that phrase often since we got home. True, there are many things about babies and three year olds that are not always the most enjoyable. My personal time is sparse, my sleep always interrupted, and my patience tried. However, I have been trying to follow the advice of so many strangers and really enjoy my little family at these precious stages. Yesterday I took the boys all by myself to Disneyland. It was such a fun day! Of course we missed Matt and Crew wasn't able to do all of his favorite rides, but we created fun memories together and managed to pull off a fantastic day without any tantrums (Crew) or crying spells(Graham). I love my boys and feel so blessed to have them. I didn't get any pictures of our fun day together but here are some from the past week. Graham's face looks so round in this picture but I love his sweet smile! Graham is such a funny baby. Sometimes when I can't figure out what he wants, I will just put him in some random position and he is happy. Here he is finally happy on my lap while I fold laundry and Matt studies. Like the wet spot on my leg? He was like this for at least 15 minutes just happy as can be.
Just a sweet boy with lots of slobber! (His soaked shirt and drippy chin)
And then there is Crew. Crew is becoming almost too independent. He is growing up so fast and wants to do what all the bigger kids do. He is really good for the most part but when he melts, it can be ugly! He loves hanging out in the bath though!
Seriously who is that big boy?

3 comments:

EmilyHerb18 said...

I can't get over how much Graham looks like Crew. What cute boys you have!

Lynnette said...

One of the my favorite parts of life is watching how much both you and Maren enjoy being moms. You are right...it is rarely easy or convenient, but you both seems to handle motherhood with great style, patience, fun and love. If I had it to do all over again, I would like to be a mom just like my daughters!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Thank you for this post because I keep hearing that two from older folks and I just want to say to them, but try to live my life for just one day when you're totally exhausted by the end. BUT at the same time I know I'll be saying the same thing to young moms years down the road. Cheers for taking the kids to disney all by yourself!!