Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Arizona

After the mud run, the boys and I flew back to Arizona with my parents for a few days. We hated leaving Matt but it was so fun to be home in the summer and put my parents pool to good use! My cousin Roy and his wife Jessica are living with my parents for the summer while Roy studies for the bar. They have two little girls, Jane just turned three and Grace is almost a year and a half. Crew really enjoyed having a playmate around during our visit. Monday night Matt's parents came out with his sister Buffy's girls, Chloe and Bella. The kids all swam and had some fugsicles for dessert. It was so fun to have them out. Crew and Chloe
Enjoying his blueberry muffin in my parents rocking chair. Crew loves that thing!
Big boy. In this light you can see some of the fuzz on his head!

I really do forget how hot it gets down there in the summer but as long as you are in the pool it feels great! So, we swam a lot! It was a great refresher course for Crew's swimming skills. The first day was ok but by the end he was totally comfortable and a fish again.
This picture is my favorite! If you look closely you can see sheer joy on this kid's face as he jumps off the diving board. He loved doing this and probably jumped off that diving board at least 200 times during our quick visit!
Graham loved the water too

We also swam at our friends the Reeder's pool one day so Crew could do the rock slide. A hit of course! I love this picture because it is so summer to me. Otter Pops by the pool.
I'm not sure if he was dizzy from sliding down the slide, swimming across the pool and then running back around to do it all over again, or maybe just exhausted!
We love our grandma!
Crew and Jane
Grandpa was pretty busy during our stay but we still got to water plants with him in the mornings and show off Crew's swimming skills when he came home for lunch. Crew loves Grandpa!
Not pictured at the Richter's was lots of jumping on the tramp, feeding horses, bike rides and quality family time. Wednesday afternoon the boys and I drove down to Tucson with Matt's mom to his brother Michael's house. It was great to see more cousins! Crew was in heaven. Thursday morning I went to Michael's office to have some dental work done. Four, yes, four hours later (I choose to blame Graham for this) I left his office completely numb; tongue, everything! My jaw was throbbing, lips chapped, and head slightly spinning from the combination of lack of sleep (again thank you Graham) and four hours at the dentist! I really am so lucky that my brother-in-law treats me so well even though I can still kind of feel the aftermath in my jaw! I owe him big time, in a good way :) Anyway, I rushed back from Michael's office and Becky took us to the Tucson airport. Thankfully, both my boys were so good and we flew back home to meet our much miss daddy! It was a quick but fun trip. Thanks to mom and dad for taking us in, Becky for driving us down and playing with all the kids while I was gone, and Michael for saving my teeth! We are so blessed to have such supportive families and we loved seeing all of you!

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Chloe looks like SO dark!!! I'm so excited to see everyone this weekend! Graham is the sweetest baby and I can't believe how big Crew boy is!

EmilyHerb18 said...

looks like you guys had a blast. You're boys are getting so big. Crew has such a little boy look these days and Graham is just a doll. Love you guys!

Lynnette said...

Chloe and Crew look like salt and pepper! She and Carson would go well together...
It was wonderful having you. Love you and love those boys. Sorry Matt...we missed you!

Lula. said...

I LOVE the photo of Crew jumping off the diving board. What a great swimmer that boy is!! But, really, that's no surprise.

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Wow!
So much fun!!!! LUV YA!