Monday, June 28, 2010

Camp Pendleton Mud Run

Maren was on the ball and signed us up New Year's Day for the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. This race is a 10K and so much more! We had a men's team and a women's team plus Christian who ran as an independent. Costumes are a big thing for this event, why I am not sure, but our Wonder Woman costumes were a big hit! Christian was the "Wear no pants" guy from the Docker's commercial, and the boys shirts were "Proud to be Awesome" (They were not as willing to get creative but it worked). Notice how nice and clean we all are.



Maren's ward had two more Wonder Woman teams so there were 16 of us all together.
Maren's two sister in laws ran with us plus my friend Jordan from South Pas. Here are Jordan and I. Fierce I know!
We ran 6.2 miles, up a 3 mile monster hill, through rivers, sludged through mud pits, climb over walls, crawled through tunnels, swam a quarter mile, crawled under low ropes in mud pits, and had a total blast! It was so much fun to run this with our team. There were about 5,500 people running that day and we finished 5th out of the women's team, three minutes behind our boys. Pretty tough aren't we!
I love Matt's mud patch on his eye
The whole muddy gang
Jordan and I
Christian's mud goatee is a nice touch to the already hilarious costume

A big thanks to Maren for organizing this and an even bigger thanks to mom and dad for watching all four crazy boys! They even came to cheer us on at the end. We owe you big time! Oh, and a hot shower has never felt so good!

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

You all made mud look so good. I'm so proud of you!

jordan said...

SO much fun! I do believe that's the dirtiest I've ever been (that I can recall...), thanks to you!

Lula. said...

That looks like so much fun. And it kind of bugs me that you still look so hot covered in mud.