Sunday, December 5, 2010

Graham Update

I am so grateful to report that our little Graham is making an amazingly quick recovery! He started walking today on his foot and although he popped all of his blisters, his foot still seems to be healing well and Graham is thrilled to be up and running again! Aren't our bodies amazing? We have another follow up at the Dr. tomorrow but I think we should be in the clear for infections. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support the past week. We truly feel so blessed. Here is a day by day photo log of his healing process. Don't worry, it is not so graphic this time!

This is Friday nightThis is Saturday night
This is tonight, blisters are all popped!
Now that my sweet boy is getting close to normal, I better get cracking at the packing! Yikes!

8 comments:

Lynnette said...

I'm so grateful he is recovering so quickly. He'll be climbing everything again soon! I'm also grateful for how well you have tended him, Shannon. You've done an exceptional job of taking care of his foot and keeping everyone else happy too! I love you!

mer said...

that Graham is one tough kid! and you're one great mom!

The Perkinsons said...

oh shannon!! I am so so sorry. Poor guy. I am SO happy that he is healing well. Our bodies truely are miraculous. good luck with the move and we will see you in a few weeks.

Rebecca said...

Ditto to what your Mom said. We can't wait to have him running around at our house! We love you all.

Lula. said...

What a tough little guy... and an even tougher Mama! You are amazing. I just can't imagine how it must have affected all of you! Especially during such an already stressful time (moving AND Christmas!). Lots of love to you and those sweet little tootsies.

Laura said...

Oh, so sad! Glad he is doing better! Your family is adorable!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh! I am dying for you! I feel way bad for Graham, but for a loving mother to have to watch her son be in pain, I think that must be worse. His little foot makes me want to cry. I'm glad he's a trooper and recovering nicely. Seriously, that is so sad. Also, I was behind on your blog from your birthday post. Some friend, I know. But I was very happy to see your post titled "reality check." Because your life is unlike anything I have ever seen before. You are so deserving of the adventures, fun and love you have every day, but even still, I'm glad you know that this isn't normal. It makes me feel better :) I am SO sad that I never made it down there to see you. Perhaps I'll catch you in the next chapter of your life :)

Rebecca Jackson said...

So glad he is doing well and healing quickly! He has been in our prayers.