Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Move... and some settling

Well, considering how not fun moving is, the actual move went pretty well. My parents had a bit of a detour flying in Monday evening thanks to ridiculous amounts of rain, but they finally made it and let us stay in a hotel with them Monday night. We had everything out and ready to go so Tuesday morning we got up early, picked up the truck and started loading. We were so grateful to have lots of help from friends and thankfully it was only drizzling instead of pouring while we loaded up. After some sad goodbyes we were able to get on the road before 11. I swear the skies were crying with us, it was so hard to leave, but we are excited and grateful for this next phase of life. We do have one picture of us in our apartment before we left but it is on my mom's camera so I will have to post that later.
It rained our entire drive home and Graham was so happy to be done with the trip (not the best car traveler!) but it was great to be back in sunny Az! We owe a huge thanks to my parents for helping with the move. We really couldn't have done it without them! Here is Crew with the truck. He was pretty excited about it.
I can't believe I didn't take more pictures of the actual move but the rain and emotions didn't help!
We spent the next day trying to get a little but settled. My boys are LOVING my parents house and yard. I swear they would be out there all day if they could. All the love and attention from Grandma and Grandpa isn't too bad either. They loved having Christian around for a little while too.
Crew with his stomp rocket
This has been a hit (thanks Maren)
Mom and dad
Like I said, they could be outside all day!
That night we went to see the Mesa Temple lights with our friends the Waldrons.
My brother is so good with my kids and loved spending time with this little guy.

The whole group
The next morning Crew and Grandma made gingerbread men

Then we packed again and left for the Allens....

5 comments:

EmilyHerb18 said...

I bet your parents are loving having your boys around. Such cute grandparents!!! Love you guys! Glad you are getting settled!

Jamie said...

I can't believe you guys are gone! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were in Provo together! Hope you guys are doing well. Miss you!

Kendria said...

Welcome to AZ!

The Lanoy Family said...

Shannon I know how hard it is to move away from great friends. I can't believe I did it 2 1/2 years ago, I still cry but I'm a baby sometimes. However, being close to family again is the best. Love ya girl. Just think how close those boys will be to their Grandparents. They will always have a special bond.

Rebecca said...

Your parents are so lucky to have your family with them!