Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Big Boy Crew

This post is all about Crew. I seriously cannot believe what a big boy Crew is. My good friend Kristy helped us get him into this great little Preschool with Miss Glenda. He goes Tues-Thurs from 9am to noon and LOVES it! I was a little nervous going from one day a week for two hours to 9 hours of school a week but he wanted it and is doing so well. This is such a big step for a kid who we couldn't leave for two years because he was so attached. I honestly thought I would be going on a mission with this kid. But he is growing up so fast and I still get kind of teary eyed every morning when I drop him off at school and he gives me a kiss then yells "See ya mom!" as he jumps out of the car and runs in the door.

On Thursday, Crew was presented his Alphabet Certificate which means he is ready to start reading! He has been trying to sound things out for a little while now but he is going to start bringing home books and is putting letters together to make words. There were six kids who got their certificates that day and it was fun to be there for the special presentation. They each got a little gumball machine to celebrate their hard work. Here is Crew getting his award from Miss Glenda.
All six kids celebrating
With their teacher
The next day my mom and Crew disappeared for a few hours and when they came back, they let me in on their exciting day. Grandma took Crew to the zoo for a little date and man did they have fun. Crew got to feed a giraffe (I love his face)
Grandma and Crew
And then he got to ride a camel!
My mom said he had a smile on his face the entire time
Thanks for the date grandma!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You want to say,"Stop Time"! What a fun outing with your Mom. He is definately a smart and precious and cute boy!

Anonymous said...

Okay seriously! Are you guys in arizona for a while now? We need to get together! stephjones27@gmail.com

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Miss Glenda is so cute! How fun that he is reading now! He is adorable!

Anderson's said...

I can't believe how grown up he is! Is it so fun being home?

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Ummmm....oh my heck! Where do I start??? First of all, I can't believe Crew is FOUR! Second, I can't believe Graham is ONE! And third, how neat that you guys got to move down to Arizona with all of your family. Wow, you have been busy. I love to look at all the sweet pictures of you your boys. They are darling and definitely not deprived of any love. I hope you are enjoying your time in sunny, sunny Arizona. We miss you guys.

Love ya,

Di