Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kind of Scary Halloween

This Halloween was fun but also kind of rough. I really didn't get any good pictures of the boys in their costumes or trick or treating. Thankfully, regardless of how rough I felt Halloween went, the boys still ended up absolutely loving it and had lots of candy to show for it.

Here is my little Crewbot. I wish the pictures did it justice. Matt gets all the credit for this costume and it was a total hit! Everywhere he went people raved about it. The funny thing is Crew doesn't really like getting a lot of attention so after a while when people would tell him they liked his costume, Graham started saying thanks! It was hilarious.
We borrowed a monkey suit for Graham and he loved it for the ward Trunk or Treat party. That night was part one of a crazy Halloween. I was a big part of setting up the whole night and Matt had to work that night so he couldn't come at all. To top it off, Mr. G decided to forgo a nap which meant I was alone with a cranky toddler, an excited four year old and hundreds of kids! It all turned out great but Graham and I were both exhausted by the time we got home that night!


Out of order but we did find some time to carve pumpkins Saturday night

The boys at the church

Crew's pumpkin Matt's pumpkin




As for Halloween, I woke up that morning with a touch of the flu. Great huh! I wasn't sure what time Matt would be home and knew I couldn't miss taking the boys trick or treating so we had a very mellow day. Poor kids. Halloween and nothing super fun all day long! Graham again refused a nap but finally asked for milk and to sit in Grandpa's chair about 5. Two seconds later he was out. I let him sleep until about 5:45 when I was finishing feeding Crew and starting to get ready for trick or treating. He was mad! Very Mad! For a LONG time! I kept getting Crew ready despite the horrible screams coming from our house...

And took a few quick pictures despite the horrible screams coming from our house...

And that is when the camera went away. Some brave trick or treaters came to our door, despite the horrible screaming and suddenly Graham got happy. He passed out candy and then decided he wanted to do it too, but not in the monkey suit. So, Crewbot, the Terrible Almost Two Year Old and I were about to leave for trick or treating when dad came home. Hooray! I didn't feel great but couldn't miss the night so we met up with some friends and hit the neighborhood. The kids had a blast. Graham was especially funny and Crew looked so awesome lighting the way in his costume. Then we came home to survey the goods.

And there was plenty of them.

So even though I was sick and the boys had the most boring day ever, they still had a fantastic time tick or treating which made Halloween as a success.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

That robot costume is really cute! Sorry about the rough weekend. I'm certain it won't be the last one! Cute Graham konked out in the chair. I love those precious boys!

Kendria said...

Bravo, Matt! Definitely a cute cute Robot!! And I'm sorry you had to brave it alone with a cranky toddler... never fun... NEVER!

Lindsay said...

Cute! sounds like a fine Halloween to me. ;)

Lynnette said...

Crew's costume was adorable...as was Graham's thank you's for his big brother's sake. Such polite children! How we miss those boys!!!

Maren said...

Oh that Matt, he is so creative!!! The costume turned out great! I'm sure he was a huge hit.