Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sending Out My 20's

In one week I leave my 20's behind. Something that I am totally fine with but I do enjoy any excuse to do something special. So, as an early birthday present, my parents came out to stay with the boys while Matt and I had a little getaway. Fantastic present right? I'm pretty sure my boys thought so because they didn't seem to miss us at all (which is usually the case with grand parents!)  We got Crew off to school and then left around 10 Friday morning. My parents took Graham to his favorite place in Temecula, the duck pond.
 

Crew got to have a turn taking home his class stuffed animal "Woolfy" Very exciting for this boy. The rest of my parents time with the boys consisted of an afternoon with cousins in San Diego, a trip to the local pumpkin patch, healthy meals at McDonalds, the beloved dollar store, and lots of fun and treats!

Graham and Drew spent some quality time together chowing down on some powdered donuts
Do you see Graham, seriously? Who needs ketchup?






Matt and I on the other hand headed back up to L.A. After a stop in Santa Monica we visited the Getty Villa, ate at my most favorite restaurant Rock Sugar, and just enjoyed the company.


After a morning run and bike riding along the coast, Matt and I slowly made our way back home (seriously slow thanks to L.A. traffic!) It was quick but perfect. So long 20's!

4 comments:

Lynnette said...

You will make the 30's look fabulous! Love you!

Kimberly said...

You look so cute, Shannon! Love that outfit . . . and the new bag :)

Rebecca said...

We loved your 20's because that is when Matt met you! We love you!

Lindsey said...

You're a funny girl. Who has a weekend getaway with their spouse and posts the majority of the photos about their kids while they were away?! 3 photos of you guys on your trip doesn't cut it for me! I am looking forward to your birthday post :) Those little boys of yours are just as cute as can be. And by the looks of your previous posts, they are continuing to be the coolest boys around. I mean seriously, I don't know any other little boy who is as skilled and well rounded in all things awesome. I sure hope to actually meet these boys of yours some day. Hey, how do you feel about arranged marriages? I'm down if you are :)