Monday, April 15, 2013

Wren

Honestly and truthfully, Wren had the perfect entrance into this world. My mom decided she would come out a little early to help me entertain my kids during the last week of spring break. So I picked her up at Maren's Tuesday night and we got back to Temecula about 9:30. Four hours later we were packing up our bags and heading to the hospital. Amazing timing for my mom right!
I was having contractions every 4-5 mins and at a 4 1/2 when I got to the hospital. Thankfully they admitted me and I even had a friend as one of my labor and delivery nurses. I will spare you most of the other details, but let's just say it was my best delivery and a perfect baby girl was born at 10:55 am. She weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz and was 18.5 inches long. I honestly could not believe she had hair too! Wren was wide awake for her first two hours in the world and is just as precious as can be!



Mom brought the boys over to meet her that afternoon. This big brother can't get enough of his sister and isn't very good at sharing her with anyone!


Grandma is Crew's biggest competition for holding Wren. Her first grand daughter ;)

Even this one has proven he has a softer and more gentle side. Phew!

The boys gave us a nice welcome home the next day. Crew did the sign himself.
A lazy first day together.
My dad snuck over Saturday to meet Wren. I think he liked her.
As if having a baby wasn't big enough, we finished our weeek by buying a new car. We got this 2010 Honda Pilot and I am loving it!
First bath
My parents with all their grand children (I love Parker's pose in this)
Showing their real personalities!

Perfect little toes
Precious baby girl. You are so loved.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Shannon, she is absolutely perfect! Hope you are feeling great and adjusting to life with 3!

Rebecca said...

Oh yes, she is beautiful! It was wonderful to be with her and the boys(and you and Matt) these past few days. I love those pictures especially of her with the boys!! Enjoy her precious life.

Lindsey said...

Good gravy!! She is so beautiful!! I love her fuzzy hair and the photo of her with your parents. And what the heck is with you looking like a rock star in the hospital?! You're funny to "spare" the details of the delivery, that's the good stuff. Did you get an epidural? How many hours were you pushing? Ya know, the fun stuff. Can't wait to see more photos of your expanded family. And congrats on your new car! I bet it'll make all the difference with having 3 kids :)

Katherine said...

I love your sweet family! Wish we could come for her blessing!

courtney said...

oh, shannon! she is beautiful! what a cuteee & we love the name!! we were in South Pas last week for spring break & haylee told me your great news. so happy you guys, you look amazing! and Wren is so so beautiful! Lots & Lots of love from Reno...xoxo

Lynnette said...

Such a great time of life! We are so grateful she is here safely and that you are healthy too! Great post, Shannon. We love you all!