Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's a Party!!!

Matt and I made Crew's cake after he went to bed so when he woke up that next morning he walked into the dining room and totally lit up! "Choo Choo Cake!" "M's!" Crew, like his mother, is a major M&M fan and kept trying to pick them off the cake. I told him he had to wait until he blew out his candles at the party.


Immediately after he blew out the candles, Crew dug into the M's.
And how great did his cakes turn out! I am not a crafty person so I am really proud of this. I have been excited to post pictures of it so Maren and Lauren could be proud of me too!


Some of the party crowd. Jamie and Zoie Adcox and Spencer and Matthew Coats.


Crew and Daddy. For some reason Crew keeps doing this face when we tell him to say cheese.
Baby Kate with the Townsends and Ezra and Charlotte with the Carlstons.
Crew's favorite present... the drum! Of course! We decided to get him one and now we have a one man marching band 24/7!

The no pants look is great isn't it!

It was a really fun day for all especially our birthday boy. He loves being the center of attention just like his mom... and dad!

15 comments:

Lynnette said...

Shannon,
You are amazingly crafty! That cake is so cute. I am really proud of you! That Crew boy is also adorable! I love the cheesy face!
Love you!
Mom

Maren said...

Nicely done on the cake. It turned out really cute! You made me proud!

Katherine said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! Way to go!

Rebecca Jackson said...

The cake is so cute! Mine is not nearly that old and I can"t believe how time flies!

BriAnne said...

Wow...that cake is amazing! Did you have a recipe for it? I'm seriously way impressed!

Lindsey said...

That cake!!! I would totally hire you to make me one of those. I love birthdays. I love the little dedication post you have of Crew and his pictures over the past two years, that is one cute boy. Now I am dying over his bike he got for Christmas. Does he just go cruisin' on that thing? We're getting Emma a bike for her 3rd birthday and even still she might be too young. I guess that's the difference between girls and boys. I can't even tell you how serious I am about making a visit out to see you the first week of March. I'll call you later to discuss, but plant that little seed in your head that it might happen.

Lula. said...

Your cake turned out awesome! VERY impressive... and what are you talking about when you say that you are not crafty??? Silly girl.

We love and miss that Crew-boy. I love the cheese face. What a doll.
...and such a big boy!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Happy Birthday Crew!!!! I loved looking back at his baby pics...what a precious little babe. I love the pic of Crew and his new drum. Awesome cake! And you say you're not crafty??? I don't buy that for one second!!! Crew sure is lucky to have a mama like you! Love you guys!!

Anderson's said...

You should be proud of that cake, it is awesome!

Whitney said...

Yay for Crew's birthday! And cake too! What a cute cake! I just want to eat it! Too bad we missed you guys over the break. We'll be moving to La Canada in May so hopefully then we can find the time!

Kendria said...

So cute! Can't believe he is already two! Way to go Crew Man! I love the bare leg band!

Elder Romney's mission said...

Yeah Im glad Crew got a drum!!! I love the cake! You did a great job!!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

That cake is FABulous! How long did that take! I love how you and matt baked it together! The no pants look is nice on crew! He's already showing calf muscles!! a true shannon's boy! Yay! Happy b-day crew!!!

Miss you!

Poelmans said...

That cake is amazing, and your sisters, love the tribute. Awe, little Crew. Tell him we need to play some more soccer through my legs again :) I seriously love that he's left-footed!!!

Poelmans said...

That cake is amazing, and your sisters, love the tribute. Awe, little Crew. Tell him we need to play some more soccer through my legs again :) I seriously love that he's left-footed!!!