Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Sisters

Today is a very special day because I have two sisters with a birthday today!
We will start with Maren: Maren has and will always be the fun one! Growing up she was the agitator, Christian was the peon, and I was the peace maker. It is funny how little things have changed other than Christian is a lot longer now and thus a little harder to contain! But when Maren is around we are always laughing and off doing something fun and exciting!

Maren makes things happen. Whether it is in her callings or in her relationships with others, she is totally dependable and really fun too! She is creative , resourceful, and way too capable! There isn't anything Maren can't do. To top it all off, she does it perfect too! What I wouldn't give to have an once of her talent!


Some other great things about Maren...

- She is a great cook
- She loves being a mom and is great at it
- She is really good at solving any problem; math, family, speech, anything :)
- Maren is a friend to everyone. She is so good at relating to people and making them feel comfortable.
- She is very, very patient

I have always looked up to and loved my sister Maren. I love having her only two hours aways now! I love you Mav and happy birthday!

And the other sister with a birthday is Katherine! Katherine may actually really be Matt's sister by blood, but she is truly my sister by heart. When I married Matt I was so excited to have a younger sister. Katherine is amazing. We loved having three years together at BYU and she was definitely one of the hardest things to leave when we left Provo. Here are a few of my favorite things about Kath...

- Katherine has a great laugh! She loves to laugh and that makes her so fun to be around!

- She loves her family. Katherine would do anything for her family and she has done so much for us!

- Kath is so stinking smart but she is still socially adept. You don't feel inferior to her brain when you are conversing with her :)!

- She has a beautiful voice and a great piano player

- Katherine is very selfless. She is always thinking of others

- She makes really good oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!



-Katherine can turn something not very fun into a life long memory. One example, when we hit a deer driving home for Thanksgiving a few years ago, Kath and her friend Alyssa were with us. It was not a fun situation but when we were stuck at this dumpy, old hotel in Orderville, Utah, we still found things to laugh about. That was there bath tub!



- Katherine is always positive

- She finds happiness in the simple things of life

- Katherine is the favorite aunt with all the kids because she really cares about and loves each of them.

I miss having her around us more! I couldn't ask for a better younger sister! We love you Kath and hope you have a fantastic birthday!

9 comments:

Luke and Kristin Rudelich said...

Oh...I loved this post. It made me want to call all my sisters and tell them Hi. Very Cute!

Katherine said...

Shannon - you're awesome! Thank you so much! I love the post! I miss you guys!!!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

This is so sweet shan! You are so good at reading people! Love ya!

Ashley

Lula. said...

SO fun that you have such great sisters. Happy birthday to them both!

The Perkinsons said...

Happy birthday to crew and maren! Looks like you guys are having way too much fun! Im glad! Great job on the cake! It is darling. Would have been fun to see you over the holidays! Just the other day danny and I were talking about not being able to stay awake while reading. Then I remembered about your notes in micro! I was telling him and laughing so hard! Great memories! Talk to you soon.

The Adamsons said...

What a good sister you are. I love my sisters, too. They make life so much more enjoyable. I love the family pic up top!

Lindsey said...

What a great post. You and Maren both did great birthday tributes to each other, which only makes me even more mad that we moved away from Arizona when I was so young. I still can't believe you'll drink warm water, weird. Did you know we're having a girl? All I wanted is for Emma to have a sister, and I'm so happy! Sometimes I think it's better to have just one sister, then maybe you appreciate them more. Either way sisters are the best!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

You are so lucky to have such great sisters. I hope they enjoyed their birthdays. This is off the bday and great sis subject, but I totally started to get a little emotional when I saw the pic of you and Kath in front of the old #852 in P-town. What great memories!

Maren said...

Thanks for the nice things you said, that is very sweet. I really hope I was pregnant in the
2nd to last photo becuase that is a SERIOUSLY fat face! I didn't know Katherine's birthday was the 14th . . . I knew I liked that girl!