Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

Crew started off not too sure about this whole Easter and Easter Bunny thing. But he warmed quickly to the whole idea as the weekend progressed. He did give the Easter Bunny a high five before we left but he still didn't seem to trusting. Saturday morning our ward had a 5K "Beat the Bishop" race around the Rose Bowl. It was really fun. Someone in my ward emailed me these pictures but here is team Allen at the starting line.
This picture is really embarrassing but we beat the bishop! Crew was our secret weapon!
That night we went with some other families to the Griffith Park Observatory. I know I have raved about this place before but it is seriously awesome! Crew and Talli enjoying the sunset.



Crew woke up Easter morning and found his Easter basket. He was really into Easter now!
Then we made our Easter breakfast. I can't make anything these days without my little helper. For Easter we got him his own pots and pans but I guess nothing beats helping mom.
The whisk is his weapon of choice
I really wish I would have taken a picture of Crew before church but it didn't happen. He looked very similar to how he looked at Katherine's wedding but I can't get over how handsome he is in his little suit! After church we went to the Townsend's for an Easter Egg hunt and dinner. There backyard was so perfect for the kids! Crew loved the tramp and all the running room! Whitney we are planning on lots of visits when you are living there this summer!
Crew with his loot!
Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

1. Congrats on winning the race 2. I love the family picture at the observatory!! 3. Alyssa's little boy is so big and cute!

Whitney said...

How fun!! You guys do so many fun things. I wish we could have been there at the egg hunt! Crew is getting so big.

Rebecca said...

So many fun experiences while you're in CA. Matt's hair looks shorter than I've seen it in years! I can't wait to see you all again.