Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not all fun and games

As proof our lives are not all beach and play, allow me to describe the past couples days for you. Crew threw up Saturday night and has had problems on his lower end all Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, but hopefully not today! Not only do I have to please a sick little boy, California just went through a massive heat wave and our cozy little apartment felt like a sauna! The poor wall unit just can't keep up with 103! Matt came down with the flu too Tuesday morning so all three of us have been stuck in our toasty apartment. I also feel like a cave dweller because we keep all the windows covered to keep as much heat out as possible. Let's not forget to mention I have done four loads of laundry in three days (it is hard to keep up with the flu) which is $9 in quarters. Let's just say it has been a long start to the week! Here is a picture of my sick boys sleeping on the floor (heat rises so this was as cool as it got). I can't help but just laugh at our pathetic state!
On the plus side... I have somehow managed to dodge this bullet so far! I have used almost an entire thing of soft soap in three days but it does make it a little easier when I feel good. Also, we are suppose to be back in the low 80s today! Maybe we won't have to be cave dwellers the rest of the week!

9 comments:

Nicole Hunter said...

That's terrible! The flu is absolutely no fun at all! I'm sorry that Matt and Crew have been sick, especially in the heat! Hopefully your luck (and soft soap) will help keep you healthy so you can take care of your boys! :)

Lynnette said...

That is one sad, sad photo of Matt & Crew! You keep healthy!

Anderson's said...

There is nothing worse than taking care of sick kids! I sure hope you don't get it.

The Adamsons said...

ok, that is just sad! boo for the hot weather, too. hope all is better now.

Kendria said...

Glad to see that you aren't always playing around! hahaha! Hope you guys feel better. What a hassle. Sickies stink!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Oh shoot. Poor boys :( And poor Shannon too...it is alot of work doing laundry and trying not to get sick so you can take good care of your boys. What would they do without you?

Whitney said...

I am sorry you guys were sick! Glad though that you were better so we could see you yesterday! Sorry Emmy was such a stinker. Hopefully her and Crew will have many a fun play dates this summer!

Lula. said...

I don't like seeing those two lively boys like that. They must have been pretty sick.

juliette said...

I'm sorry your fam was sick. I saw your pics on Rachel's blog- you guys are so cute. I didn't even know you lived in California... you are in Cali right?