Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Races and the Waites

Last Friday was "Free Day" at the Santa Anita Race track in Arcadia so we decided to hit it up after Matt was done at school. It was really fun! Luckily, it wasn't very busy so we were able to find a spot away from most of the smokers (kind of a sketchy crowd), and cheer on the races.

We made it for three races. The horse I picked once finished third and the horse Matt picked finished last. It is a good thing weren't making these bets official!

Crew thought every horse was a winner!

Another bonus to "free day," dollar hot dogs and popcorn.



Saturday we met up with the Waites for a day of beach and fun. Rachel and I grew up together and it was really fun to spend the day with them. We went to Thousand Steps beach in Laguna. I don't quite think it was a thousands steps but my calves are definitely sore this morning from walking up all those stairs yesterday. I am getting weak in my old age!

The beach was so awesome! Not too many people want to walk all those stairs so it wasn't very crowded and it was beautiful!Crew practicing for Baywatch

Rachel and I. She pulls off the glamorous beach look much better than I do!

Crew loves having races at the beach but he always cheats and starts before the "GO!"

Rachel and Willie psyching Myles up for the race
After the beach we went to Red Mango. It is like Pinkberry but I must say it is better! It was delicious! Well, the bites that Crew let me have were delicious.

Matt and Willie went surfing while Ray and I played with the boys at the park and at their house. They really had fun together and all in all it was a great day!

Thanks Waites for a fantastic Saturday!

7 comments:

Anderson's said...

Horse races are fun. Ry and I went to the races in Del Mar and I have always wanted to go back and wear one of those big fancy hats!

Lynnette said...

It's fun to see you & Rachel together!

Nicole Hunter said...

What a beautiful area! That's so awesome that you guys live so close to the beach! After this last weekend's foot and a half of snow, I could really go for the sun and sand! :)

Kendria said...

So how much moolah did you make at the races? ha! That would be fun. Rachael looks great! Glad you had fun at the beach!

the waites said...

Shan thanks for such a fun day! I am seriously so sore in my calfs too! I stole all your pictures:) Cant wait to do it again! Myles loved "COO"

Lula. said...

You guys are always finding fun things to do! Just one of the MANY reasons we miss you so much. You all look great!
xo.

Monica said...

I LOVE THE HORSE RACES! I should see if they have any free days here at Turf Paradise...oh, and there's the Kentucky Derby this weekend! I can't wait. I would love to dress up like "My Fair Lady" and pretend I'm all that with a huge hat and fancy glasses and a fancy dress...But, it's just not my style in the heat! It looks like you had fun. Just tonight Oakley put his little people farmer on the back of his little people horse...they get so smart without you knowing it! What a fun life you live. Too bad your boys were sick. Oh, I heard that McD's french fries helps with the diarrhea.