Friday, April 3, 2009

Laguna Beach

Last Saturday we took a day trip down to Laguna Beach with the Adcox family. Laguna is about an hour away, if you are able to miss traffic, and it is really a spectacular spot! I loved the cliffs, palm trees and all the beautiful flowers lining the coast. We had a fantastic day!
Crew and I above the cliffs
Josh and Jamie's little girl Zoie is about 6 months younger than Crew but they have a lot of fun together. Crew loves having someone following him around and laughing at everything he does! Here they are practicing their surf moves.
Crew is really entering the question phase right now. "Where are we going mom?" "What is that mom?" "Where did Doc go mom?" It is so funny to hear him ask questions and sometimes I can't believe he is only two. While we were at the beach, Matt grabbed a boogie board and started out when Crew asked "Going surfing Dad?"
Matt said "yes Crew I am."
Crew "Are you surfing over there?"
Matt "Yeah Crew"
Crew "Ok, have fun dad!"
His little conversations with us are so funny!
Crew showing off some of his moves for Zoie

At the beach, anything goes.... chips and juice, quite the lunch!
Family pic
Sometimes I wish we could just do the beach everyday. Crew is so easy because he is in heaven!
I really do love living here right now and I think Crew would have to agree. Who needs a house and money when you have the beach close by! :)

7 comments:

The Booher's said...

Shan I love your swimsuit! So glamorous!

Katherine said...

I was just going to leave that comment! We must be sisters. Where did you get it?

Kendria said...

California is such a nice place to be! Wish we could go beachin' everyday!

the waites said...

Amen! Who needs anything when you have the beach! I miss you Shan! Please can we beach it together. Our Husbands surf while we work on the tan. Yea right Im chasing Myles the whole time. Cute suit too!

Maren said...

Its too bad Crew's little friend didn't look too impressed by his awesome moves. Was that the funkadilly?

Lula. said...

Looks like a fun time! ..and you look hot in that darling swim suit missy!

We LOVED seeing you guys last week. It made me so homesick for our Allens, but I don't want to be an ingrate. The time we DID get to spend with you was wonderful.

jes said...

Crew is the cutest little beach bum, I can't believe how big he is now.