Sunday, September 13, 2009

Highlights of the Week

This boy gives the best hugs ever! He wraps his little arms around you and squeezes so tight. I just can't let him go.
We are making huge progress on my list of things to accomplish with Crew before this next one comes. Potty training, check, big bed, check, thumb sucking.... I still got a few months right?
One of the best things we did this week was take Crew to ride his bike around the Rose Bowl. They have a 5K path around the Rose Bowl that is always busy with runners, walkers, and bikes. Crew has been asking us for a little while if he could ride his bike there, so Thursday evening we made it our adventure. And man was it an adventure! Notice that we couldn't get Crew to look at us for a picture, well, he didn't look where he was going for most of the ride! So many fun things around him to distract him! Crew loved the whole experience and made it the entire 3.1 miles. Matt and I were more exhausted from the anxiety of keeping Crew on the path than from the actual exercise but it was a fun night!

This was a thumbs up. Notice those pink cheeks! He worked hard and totally crashed that night.


And, what is great week without an afternoon at the happiest place on earth?



And to appease all you who keep asking about my belly, here you go. Sorry not the best shot but I still have 3 months, 3 weeks, and one day to go.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness you are T.I.N.Y! You look great and I will try not to hate you. :) Can't wait to see you in CA!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

Looks like a great week to me! : )

David said...

Thanks for inviting me in. Now I don't need to get Becky's permission to view your pictures! I love all you Allen's
Dad/Dave

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Shannon. THERE are bigger rolls of socks out there! Next time you take a belly picture, will you stick a pillow in there or something, to make us all feel better?!!

Katherine said...

I'm so impressed that Crew rode his bike that far! He is such a sweet kid. So excited to see you in 3 weeks!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Oh...my....gosh....you are so gosh dang cute pregnant. I love it! Too bad Crew and Wyatt couldn't get together to ride bikes. He really needs a good buddy. We just need to merge Idaho and California together so we'd be closer. Tell "Ba" and Crew hello from the Coops. Love you guys!!!

Anderson's said...

You barely look pregnant! I am only 10 weeks and already look that big. You look great!

Rebecca said...

I love these pictures!!! Crew is so cute in the thumbs up picture and I love the one of Matt and Crew in the ride at Disneyland. We will try to fatten you up on vacation in 2 weeks! Can't wait!!