Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer Vacation Part 2- Arkansas

I know, most people hear we go to Arkansas and ask "Why are you going there?" Let me explain... my mom grew up in northern Arkansas and I still have a lot of family out there. We grew up coming out here every summer for almost a month and I love this place! All the green, the lakes, the fireflies, the thunderstorms, the people and so much more. Many of my favorite memories as a child were here and there really is no place like it. This was Matt's third time and Crew's second time out and we had a fantastic week! Getting out there is a beast! Over 4 hours of airplanes (not including layovers) then a three and a half hour drive. But once we get there it is awesome. We traveled Saturday so our first full day there was Sunday. After church, we went down by the White River so my cousin Aaron could take some pictures with his darling fiance for their wedding announcement. I love this spot!

Mom and Maren at work with the happy couple!







Cooling down with popsicles on Great Grandma's back porch
Stay tuned... LOTS more

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

I miss those faces! :)

Rebecca said...

Love the picture of Crew balancing on the tree branch. Arkansas looks beautiful.

Maren said...

Seriously, thanks for posting a pic of my rear end.