Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wrapping it up...

I have got to finish posting this trip so here are the last few days. Thursday was another day on the lake and this time Maren, Cam, Christian, Matt and I got to spend the entire afternoon pretending we were still in high school. Lots of skiing with no kids and perfect conditions. Matt still showing off was he's got. Christian is still young so he doesn't count. The rest of us tried real hard but really just paid for it with headaches and sore muscles from wipe outs!
The last day the big boys spent the morning fishing
And were very successful
The last day we took the kids to the lake while the boys were on their fishing trip. We first let them get up close with the dam. I think this is so beautiful and amazing. Here is a view of the white river that begins at the dam. You can kind of see the fog coming off the water. It is beautiful.
Graham, Grams and I on the bridge
Exploring the dam

swimming at the beach with a storm brewing in the background
Maren, my cousin Emily and I with our boys
I love this picture
Almost all the cousins. So fun to be spend time with them.
And our attempt at some family shots in my grandma's backyard.
Not quite Christmas card quality but it will have to do!
Thank you mom and dad for such a great week. We love Arkansas!

2 comments:

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

hey is that a new swimsuit! Very cute!!!

EmilyHerb18 said...

Shan- i loved reading about your trip. So glad you guys came down to visit. You're boys are so cute. Love you guys!