Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Growing up I always thought it was so lame that my birthday was in October. For example, the picture on the calender for the month of October was always brown, not green or colorful with spring and summer, and not white with the snow of winter. However, in my old age, I have realized that October is my favorite month and having my birthday in there is just a bonus! I love fall. I love the crispness in the air, warmth of the colors, smells of the leaves, weight and warmth of my cozy covers, honestly my favorite time of year by far. This year my birthday was even more special because I got to celebrate Disney style.
Tuesday morning my parents flew in. After a quick nap for Graham at home, we heading down to the happiest place on earth. Here is Grandma getting some quality time with the boys.
Maren and her boys met us there. It is always fun to get all our boys together.
As always, Disneyland looked so fantastic all decked out for Halloween! I love all the little details.

If there was professional claw gaming, my dad would be champion. He got three toys with one grab, impressive I know :)
Holding out their prizes.
Matt was able to escape a little early and come meet us which was another birthday treat. My neighbors are starting to ask if he moved out he is so busy this semester! Here is the gang in front of the Haunted Mansion. I love this ride at Halloween.
Love this boy
At 6:00, it was time for the festivities to begin.
Matt was very insistent that I be a birthday princess. I was not so convinced until we found this dress at Salvation Army for $5. I then made the cloak with hot glue when my sewing needle broke at 10pm the night before! My best neighbor Haylee gave me a quick updo and... birthday princess I was. Not as cute as my boys though.
Maren and her boys Like I said before, love this boy!
Matt's costume was by far the biggest hit. It was hilarious to hear people talk about him when we walked past. The whole gang So, I think I started my 29th year off pretty well. I wish we were able to take better pictures of everyone dressed up. There was just too much to do and too many boys to chase after. But it was really a fantastic night. I am a total roller coaster junky so I was so proud of Crew for doing Big Thunder and Matterhorn that night. Splash Mountain next time maybe? Thanks so much to Matt, my parents and Maren for such a wonderful day and thanks to everyone for all your sweet birthday messages. Here's to another great year!

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love it! You look gorgeous, and Matt's costume - genius! Glad you had a great birthday. Let's get everyone together and celebrate soon.

Lynnette said...

It is always fun to celebrate you!

Lindsey said...

This is going to be long. Brace yourself. First of all...Happy birthday! I'm glad I caught you via text just before midnight, I would have called you but it was late. Also, ummm. a birthday in Disney Land? What's better then that? Unless Matt got you a a real pony or something. Love everyones costumes. So fun to have most of the fam together. My 30th is this year on Thanksgiving...I have already begun to sulk. I have nothing in the works, which is weird for me. Anyway, I also LOVE your family photos. The one of you and Matt with your foreheads together...I try to make couples do that ALL the time and I just end up deleting them b/c they look cheesy. After seeing yours I have realized the secret. You have to ACTUALLY be in-love...not just posing for the camera...sad but true. Keep up the great posts!

Katherine said...

You made a beautiful birthday princess :)

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

im smiling so big right now! so cute. Happy bday, miss ya!

ash

Rebecca said...

Great costumes! Pretty Princess, strange Stickman, love the Lion and adorable Eyore. Your Mom looked so cute too! What a fun day with unforgetable memories.

Rebecca Jackson said...

Happy Birthday! What a great birthday celebration! Fall is a wonderful time of year!

The Lanoy Family said...

Happy belated birthday Shannon!!! By the way great job on Ellen today Rachel and I enjoyed watching you play squeal or no squeal...sweet! Love ya girl!!!

Ali said...

What a fun birthday, I can't think of a better place to spend it, love all the costumes!

Kendria said...

I am jealous of your October Birthday! What a fun way to kick it off! Love Matt's costume! Awesome!