Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Update

Well, we have had another great week here in California. Amazingly, it has been cold and rainy, a much welcomed change from a week ago. Here are a couple of our highlights from the past week. A baby in the sink is always a highlight, but the main purpose of this picture is to show off Graham's hair. You can actually see it! Isn't that exciting!
Conference weekend was fantastic as always. What we heard of conference was amazing and it will be great to read what our children made us miss :). During the priesthood session, the boys and I went with the Ericksens up to the Observatory. I love this place. I also love these kids! Graham is so spoiled with Abby around to let him walk all over.
Isn't this a great picture? I am still trying to find a way to take Jake and Abby with us when we move. I'm sure their parents won't mind. We just love them!
Monday the kids and I went to the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley. First of all, I really like Simi Valley. I wish I could spend some more time exploring over there because I definitely like the vibe I get. Second, if you ever get the chance to go to this library, take it! It was awesome!
We had a little group from our ward that made the venture with us. The kids were so good and loved having each other there.
My dad's cousin Lynne volunteers there and was our personal tour guide
All the kiddos

Here is a picture of the oval office.

The highlight for the kids was definitely Air Force One. It was really neat to go on board and see this historic airplane. There were JellyBelly's in every room of the airplane (President Reagan's favorite) which Crew thought was pretty cool. It is crazy to think the new Air Force One is three times bigger than this! Obama really travels in style.
The whole gang
A piece of the Berlin Wall. By this time is started raining pretty hard so it is a little soggy.



I didn't get a picture of the mini White House exhibit but it may have been my favorite. It is there until March if you can make it up there. We didn't learn quite as much as we would have without our crazy kids but it was a great adventure and fantastic day!
Lastly, last night, Matt and I kicked off my birthday week by going to our first musical in L.A. Loved the music, loved Pantages theatre, and definitely LOVED my date! We haven't been on one of those for a while. It was a great night!

6 comments:

Lynnette said...

I love Grahams luscious locks! And your photos of the Reagan library are so fun...especially the one of Crew & Pres. Reagan!

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

Great week! I'll have to talk to you about Phantom but I'm sure it was amazing! :)

Katherine said...

You sure have some cute boys! Graham in the sink is so precious.

EmilyHerb18 said...

I love Phantom! Looks like you guys are keeping busy and having lots of fun. Graham is growing up way too fast. Love you guys!

Rebecca said...

Cute, cute, cute! I miss those boys. I asked Matt if you dressed up to go to Phantom, He said,"Yes I dressed like the Phantom and she was Christine!" Does that sound like Matt?!

Kendria said...

This looks awesome! Holy cow!