Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reality Check?

The other day Crew said to me, "Mom , I want to do something fun." That is when it occurred to me that we are all going to be in need of a serious reality check when we leave here. Can you get a better life than my three year old? Disneyland, beaches, museums, amazing parks, ridiculously fun shopping centers, endless entertainment all within minutes.


But it is not just Crew, let's look at my last week. I went to the Ellen show not once, but twice within a week and got to go down on stage one of the times! I hugged Ellen! (Not that I am promoting her or her lifestyle at all, its just that I hugged a celebrity!) The boys and I saw Mario Lopez at the Grove today. And I got to have a birthday frozen yogurt party with so many wonderful friends last night. Who moves into a ward and instantly has dozens of amazing friends who would do anything for you and make life so much fun? This ward is awesome. I have loved our experience here and am not sure what I am going to do when I have to leave all these wonderful people and all these unique entertainment options!


Matt's reality check may be a little more positive. There are few cities in this country that take 1-2 hours to drive 20 miles. I really can't remember the last time he surfed or really did something fun for himself. I sure am not helping any having all our fun adventures! 6 more weeks Matt. 6 more weeks!


Here are a couple of pictures from the Ellen Halloween show and a video of the game I played. When we went to the Halloween taping, we had about 30 girls from our ward in the audience. It was awesome. I never thought I would say this, but I really love L.A!



5 comments:

Katherine said...

How in the world did we not hear about this?! You're practically famous! Way to win the Squeal game :) Devin says he beat you, though.

Nicole Hunter said...

Haha! That is so awesome! Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was great!

Ali said...

How fun you got to go on the Ellen show, you do have a pretty rough life. I love the air freshener costumes as well.

Jill Rogers said...

Well now I gotta know what you won!

Lula. said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I haven't watched this episode yet... its on my DVR. I wish I wouldn't have seen this, then I would have REALLY been squealing! There's another off the bucket list!