Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation Part I

I really don't know what was more exciting: Matt graduating or going back to South Pasadena! Well, maybe Matt graduating but we were all so very excited to go back to South Pas. We left early Wednesday morning and stopped in Temecula on our way out. We found a rental house in a great neighborhood so that was an exciting pit-stop! Then it was over to South Pasadena. What a happy reunion! We had to go visit the Olson twins. Graham loved holding them.

And had a great time eating a Popsicle with Jake
My good friend Jordan planned a picnic at the park that evening with a lot of our old ward members. It was a perfect start to the trip and so much fun! Look at these kids! Crew was in heaven seeing all his buddies again!






Thursday we had ceremonies at the medical campus (that was Matt's campus). My boys were looking good.






Matt received a medal and the honor of being inducted into The Order of the Golden Cane. I know it sounds a little Harry Potterish, but it is a pretty prestigious award. Way to go Matt!












Friday morning, Matt and I left early to the main campus for commencement. It was crazy but awesome to be there!

My parents and Matt's parents brought the boys on the metro and met me in time for Matt's School graduation.



It was really cool to be on USC's main campus. Matt was always on the medical campus so we didn't really ever go there. It was so beautiful and felt really grand on graduation day. Matt's graduation was in the Bovard Auditorium.


Graham, thankfully, fell asleep about half way through the ceremony. The kid was out!























Great day!!!

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you and Matt coordinated your outfits with my parents on that first day :) Also, I love your yellow dress!

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Congrats Matt and Shannon! We are so happy for you. I loved catching up on all your pictures and fun. You have the cutest little guys in the whole wide world. They are darling. We are so happy for your next exciting adventure. We miss you guys!

Rebecca said...

Your boys are probably the most photograghed kids around! And they are both so cute and photogenic! It was wonderful being with you at this milestone event. We love you

Shannon Allen said...

It was so fun to see Matt walk! We're glad we could be there with all of you.

Shannon Allen said...

Sorry Shannon,
I just realized you are signed in on my computer so it looks like you are leaving yourself comments!
Love you!
Mom

Elder Romney's mission said...

I love the picture of Matt and the boys! Comgrats,