Monday, July 6, 2009

Mountain Home: Days 1 & 2

Saturday morning we caught a 7 am flight to Phoenix, where we met up with my parents and left at 9:30 for Tulsa, Ok. We got in about 2 their time, got a rental car and started our 4 hour drive down to Mountain Home, Arkansas. This is where my mom grew up and where I spent about a month of all my summers growing up. It is wonderful and it was so good to be back and introduce Crew to his Arkansas roots. He was right at home and had a blast this trip. Since there is so much to include from our week, I will break it down a bit. After we got into town the first night we went to the local firework show. It was sooooo hot and humid but the fireworks were amazing! This is my Grams with them. She is the reason we get to come here! Crew LOVED the fireworks! He was laughing and woohooing the entire half hour and it was honestly one of the best shows I have ever seen!
Got to love this face
Just a glimpse of what all the fuss was about!

Another fun thing about our first night there was Crew discovering fireflies. I wish I could have caught it on camera but they are everywhere lighting up all the field and grass. Crew thought they were pretty cool but wasn't too sure about holding one yet.
The next day after church, we drove down to Bull Shulls State Park by the White River. It was a mush cooler day so it was great to be out seeing all the beauty around us. Not a great picture of mom and I but it is rare both photographers are in one together!
Crew loved playing down by the river. Nothing like throwing rocks, playing with sticks and watching the local fishermen!
It was a great start to the week and just be prepared for a lot more to come!

1 comment:

Brett and Diana Cooper said...

Shan,
These pictures are awesome! You have made so many fun memories. Crew is lucky to have such fun parents and grandparents. We love you guys and happy that you are doing well.