Thursday, January 28, 2010

One Month

Sorry this is kind of long but I haven't posted for a while and am not sure when I will post again so here it is! This is kind of in backward order too so let's start with Graham turning one month yesterday. I can't believe it! It is always kind of sad when they grow out of newborn clothes! Graham is growing quickly and filling out as well as up! He was already 8 lbs at his 2 week check up and was only 6 lb 4 oz when he came home from the hospital! He is really the sweetest little guy and we just love him!



Just like his brother, Graham loves his baths.
Crew has been doing really well with Graham. He is always saying "he is so cute!" and is a pretty good helper unless the diaper is stinky! He has however, been testing Matt and I a little more and has decided he wants me to help him with more things too. Totally understandable considering all these changes. But I must say, at the end of the day when I tuck him in at night, I still almost get emotional looking into his sweet, beautiful eyes and hearing him tell me "I love you too mom." He is still my favorite "Big Boy!"

My first week with the kids all by myself was pretty wet! It rained everyday for 6 days straight! We got a little cabin fever but thank you to Jenny for venturing on wet outings with us, Target for letting Crew ride their bikes around the entire store, and you kind people who made us dinner or just checked up on us, we somehow made it through the week!
Thanks to our dear friends the Brutsch's, we have a serious love for juicing and it has quickly become one of our favorite wet weather activities. Apples, oranges, pineapple, carrots, pears, you name it! Crew thinks it is so much fun and we all can't get enough of our amazing juice creations!
In action.
Last Saturday we met up with my mom who was in Anaheim for a scrapbook convention. She couldn't believe how chunky Graham is getting and it is always exciting to spend time with Grandma, even if it is only a couple hours.
We went out to dinner and picked up some caramel apples for a treat to eat at the hotel. Do you think Crew liked it?

The week before last, Becky came out to help us for most of the week. We loved having her here especially Crew. He thought it was so cool to have Grandma spend the night in his room! We did some fun things like the zoo, park, and lots of walks but of course I didn't take any pictures. One thing I did get on film was the Farmer's Market.

Of course the highlight of the market for Crew is the train station.
Thank you so much Becky!

Let's finish with a few more shots of the little boy.
Our friend Cody took lots of great pics of Graham and some of both boys together (like the new heading pic) but I will post more of them later since it takes longer to download them! Here is a little teaser.
All in all, I would say I am surviving pretty well with two especially since it stopped raining. Sure my house takes a lot longer to clean up, I take a lot longer to clean up, and my laundry quarters are disappearing rapidly, but we really love these boys and feel so lucky to have them!

P.S. hopefully this all makes sense because I am not proof reading and a little sleep deprived! :)

13 comments:

Katherine said...

I just love those boys! I can't wait to meet Graham; he is so precious!

Rebecca said...

Alright, who is that fat little baby in with the chubby lips in the first pictues? We won't even be able to lift him when we come next weekend!!! I miss those precious boys and am anxious to see them.

Rebecca said...

As you can read from my previous post, I was in a hurry and didn't proof read so it sounds quite illiterate, but I think you can figure out what I meant!

Lynnette said...

Can't wait to see Graham's new smile! It was so good to see those boys.

EmilyHerb18 said...

Ah Shan- Graham is such a cute little chunk. I can't believe how much weight he's gained in one month. He's adorable and I'm so glad that Crew is handling being a big brother so well! Your boys are too sweet!

Anderson's said...

your boys are darling!

Ashley said...

Such cute boys! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

The Hunter Family said...

I think he looks like Crew! Such a cute kid. That juicer looks awesome, what kind is it?

Sidra said...

Congratulations! What a cute family you are! Two boys! How fun! I'm glad that everything went well and you look awesome as ever :)

Katie Hodgkiss said...

You guys are the cutest family in the whole world. We miss you guys. Give Matt a hug from us, and to you as well. I am glad to you and Graham doing so well. pS WE LOVE THE NAME GRAHAM. Good choice.

Nicole Hunter said...

What a little sweetheart! Graham is just so cute! I love the new picture of him and Crew!

Lula. said...

I loved this post. Those boys of yours are just so cute. I SO SO SO wish I could smother that little graham with kisses. Keep the pictures coming! Lots of love to you all!

Kendria said...

I think Graham is a mini-Crew bug! :) LOVE the juicer! Love the kids!